plastic and cosmetic surgery information

lipo

Dec 4, 2003
Hi! My friends and I (4) are traveling to Santo Domingo in February 2004 to receive plastic surgery---liposuction and breast implants/lifts. My friend lost the doctor's name and phone number that we were inquiring about. But I do have his address which is Avenida 27 De Fedrero #6 Casi Esquina Leopordo Navarro in Santo Domingo, DR. I would like to know some info. about him and his services if you have any. Or supply me with information on how we can contact him or other physicians who do cosmetic and plastic surgery. I had a hard time trying to find a directory for plastic surgeons in Santo Domingo. Please help me if you can...Thanks!

May

Jan 27, 2004
Plastic surgery

Hey, I already put it in another thread, but I did my lipo (actually fixed what they left me with in NYC after paying so much money) in July of '03. My sister went to the same physician in September of '03 and got breast reduction and lipo. And of course, after seeing her breasts, I went in December of '03 for my breast enhancement (she had, I didn't). My friend did a TT w/ him also in December, and my other friend is going w/ me next month February '04 to do her TT and lipo. I also have done dental work and dermatological work down there, and I am going to have Lasik eye surgery when I go down now. My physician's website is www.plasticsurgerydominicanrepublic.com.
his name is Dr. Nelson Rosario Socias

May

Jan 27, 2004
trip for surgery

hey, if you send me a private message and tell me where you all are staying. We will be there during Carnival time. I don't know if you found out, but February is a celebratory month there, and starting FEb 27th they have a BIG carnival down in the capital on the street Malecon... So we will have a good time before my friend goes under the knife.

rmary

Oct 4, 2003
OH MY GOD

And yes, I know I was shouting. How could you go to a foreign country to have serious surgery, AND LOSE THE DOCTOR'S NAME?

Honestly, this scares me, but I guess it is none of my business.....

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
lipo said:
Hi! My friends and I (4) are traveling to Santo Domingo in February 2004 to receive plastic surgery---liposuction and breast implants/lifts. My friend lost the doctor's name and phone number that we were inquiring about. But I do have his address which is Avenida 27 De Fedrero #6 Casi Esquina Leopordo Navarro in Santo Domingo, DR. I would like to know some info. about him and his services if you have any. Or supply me with information on how we can contact him or other physicians who do cosmetic and plastic surgery. I had a hard time trying to find a directory for plastic surgeons in Santo Domingo. Please help me if you can...Thanks!

You can try the Clinica Abreu web site which is in English and has listings of their Plastic Surgeons (and e-mail links). It is one of the most reliable and safe medical clinics in the country.

NB- the address you have there is actually on 27 de Febrero (February) and the corner of Leopordo Navarro (esquina means corner).

It is still hard to understand how you have appointments for surgery in February and know where to go and can't remember the doctor's name though.

May

Jan 27, 2004
Surgeon

I must say that while doing my research on plastic surgery, I found a few well-respected plastic surgery clinics in the D.R., and not just Clinica Abreu. Although I did decide to use Dr. Rosario Socias, there were other highly recommended clinics. I might have personally not felt comfortable with the other surgeons I spoke with, but nothing gave me the impression that they were not highly skilled, or that their clinics were not reliable or safe.

I think anyone who is planning on undergoing plastic surgery or any other kind of surgical procedure in this great country of D.R., should at least do research and speak to more than one doctor before making such an important decision. I had the good fortune of having seen and spoken to former patients of Dr. Rosario Socias while waiting for my consultation, and their input was a big factor into my decision to choose him over the other doctors I had spoken with, although I believe they are also highly skilled.

Some doctors do not even belong to the Plastic Surgery Association of Dominican Republic.. which I imagine is the equivalent of the Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery here in the United States. It's always recommended to choose a doctor who is a member of the Association.