looking for help please?

bonetti

Dec 11, 2003
Hello -
I am new to this site and was wondering if anyone would be able to help me in finding some relatives that live in the Dominican Republic. My information is sketchy but maybe with your help I can fill in the gaps where needed. I am looking for my grandmothers brothers and sisters. The last name is Bonetti and my grandmothers (Mercedes Bonetti) brother was Mario Bonetti. I know he owned a hotel called Hotel Naco at one time and from what I hear the family is well known. I know of some of my dads cousins Mario Bonetti and Camillo Bonetti. I know Mario works in a Bank (I don't know the name) and Camillo is an engineer I think. Well any and all information would be very much appreciated and thank you in advance. I will happily reply to any and all who can give me some direction in my findings.

Thanks again!

Miguel Angel Ordonez Bonetti

Lissy

Nov 12, 2003
It might help if you knew the city....where they were born/resided and where the hotel is located

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Most likely Santo Domingo. A Hotel Naco is well known there.

Bonetti a well known name in the DR. For example, do a google search for Bonetti+Dominican Republic.

Someone the other day posted a link to a website where you can check the white and yellow pages in the DR. Thought I bookmarked it, but can't find it. No doubt someone else did and will post it for you.

Also do a google search for individual relatives. For example, when I did Mario Bonetti+Dominican Republic I got hits indicating people of that name were highly respected in their professions.

Last edited:

bonetti

Dec 11, 2003
Thank You

Thank you both Lissy and Ken for your quick response. I will try and gather more information as it becomes available. I will also look into a google search and also the white pages for D.R. .
Thanks again guys for your help and I'll let you know how things turn out :)

Miguel

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Thanks, Nelly, but that isn't it. The one I was referring to was a people and business locator using the white and yellow pages.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
bonetti said:
Hello -
I am new to this site and was wondering if anyone would be able to help me in finding some relatives that live in the Dominican Republic. My information is sketchy but maybe with your help I can fill in the gaps where needed. I am looking for my grandmothers brothers and sisters. The last name is Bonetti and my grandmothers (Mercedes Bonetti) brother was Mario Bonetti. I know he owned a hotel called Hotel Naco at one time and from what I hear the family is well known. I know of some of my dads cousins Mario Bonetti and Camillo Bonetti. I know Mario works in a Bank (I don't know the name) and Camillo is an engineer I think. Well any and all information would be very much appreciated and thank you in advance. I will happily reply to any and all who can give me some direction in my findings.

Thanks again!

Bonetti, The Naco Hotel is in the capital, Santo Domingo. You can search for for relatives using SuperPagesDR.com. It will help you. Good luck.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
bonetti said:
Hello -

Thanks again!

HI again. There are 39 Bonettis in the capital. None with the nemes that you mentioned. Go to the site that I told you before and click on residential and then type the last name. You will get 39 Bonettis and their home address and phone numbers. G L

Nelly

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Ken, the link I noted has this phone directory on their home page. I should have been more specific. Sorry.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Not like they are not known

Fer crying out loud!!

The Bonettis own Mercasid, the Manicera! They are one of the richest and most prominent families in Santo Domingo. They had a monopoly on edible oils in the DR for years and were the mainstay of the peanut farmers. Then they were shown that they could import raw peanut and other oils far cheaper than manageing thousands of small farmers and put an end to peanut farming in the DR....

Prominent in the PLD, but they have far reaching fingers.

Mercasid
565 2151

When the children of don Pedro Rivera managed to put Induveca into jeopardy, the Manicera bought them out in a "strategic" alliance...hehehe and became Mercasid. "SID = Sociedad Industrial Dominicana, or the Manicera.

Just pick up the society pages and you'll see at least one of them.

HB, social butterfly

Sanson

Apr 14, 2003
As Hillbilly said, they own Mercasid, Banco del Progreso, Publicitaria Interamerica, and they distribute Hersheys chocolates and H?agen-Dazs and other major brands. I`m not 100% sure but I think they own Pricesmart and several other business.