PR for Cartoon Network

jpasuizaca

Dec 12, 2003
I'm interested in doing PR for the Cartoon Network in the Dominican Republic, but I have no contacts. Can anyone suggest how to begin this process?

Gracias,
Jeanette

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Somehow this doesn't make sense

It seems that my grandsons first most used words in English were "Cartoonnetwork punto com" . Well, sort of English..hehehe

It is on every cable network, so how would PR come into play?

You could contact the different cable networks, I suppose...

HB

Sanson

Apr 14, 2003
I think you should contact the local cable companies (Aster, Telecable Nacional) or Time Warner.

jpasuizaca

Dec 12, 2003
I'm sorry my question was so vague. I am not familiar with the cable networks and operators in the Dominican Republic and I was looking for some leads/names. I wasn't aware of the popularity of the network in the country, and wanted to spread awareness of it. I just started working with Cartoon Network Latin America doing public relations, and wanted to do more work in the Dominican Republic. Currently the countries we focus most on are Argentina, Brazil, Chile, and Mexico, due to their large populations. We also do some work in Venezuela and Colombia, but I wanted to try to reach out to the Caribbean. Y como soy Dominicana, I have a preference to start in my own country ;)

Thanks for your help!

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
CN is already hugely popular here. I would suppose that you guys knew at least which cable companies are selling CN.

But anyways. I suggest that as a first step you send down t-shirts to a selected group of DR1ers. Say, do you happen to have a Samurai Jack t-shirt in size s?

Lissa

Aug 7, 2003
www.lldesigndr.com
I agree with the t-shirt

I definitively need a dexter's lab (small) and the cow and the chicken's t-shirt (x-large that's for me) please..
Now seriously you can contact telecable.com and aster.com.do
good luck

Last edited:

samiam

Bronze
Mar 5, 2003
Hey jpasuizaca, congrats on your job. Sounds like fun. I get frustrated watching Cartoon Network because its in spanish here and you tend to loose a lot in the translation. Specially with Dexter, so when you make contact with the local guys try and convince them to give us the option to choose!!PLeeeease.

Now, do you know anyone in fox, I have the same complaint about the Simpsons and Futurama?!?!