travellers cheques

Kimberly Nichol

Jan 5, 2004
We are leaving soon on our trip and were wondering weather we should take American monies or Canadian because of the weak American Dollar. Can someone shed some advice? Thanks kimberly

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Hi Kim
I bought American traveler's cheques here in Canada. They are easy to cash and safe to carry.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Travellers cheques <---Note!

Kimberly Nichol said:
We are leaving soon on our trip and were wondering weather we should take American monies or Canadian because of the weak American Dollar. Can someone shed some advice? Thanks kimberly

Good to see you spell it correctly with our Canajun English.

Buy the cheap American $ cheques in Toronto (or wherever you are) with the burly and ever burgeoning, wonderful and quite pretty Canada dollar and then use US T/C's for more uniform treatment at cambios.

Come to the DR as often as I do and you'll keep a US$ account in Canada for this purpose.

That said I saw a cambio paying 45 RD$ per Euro vs. 34.8 RD$ for the US$ so Euros would be OK as well, but I think the buying price in Canada makes them disadvantageous. Euros are almost as pretty as our money and they (euro people) use the "u" in cheque, colour and honour also as it should be, eh?