american meds

mrhotshot

Jan 9, 2004
Is there any route or permit to obtain special meds from the United States. I am on a government check and can't afford to travel to Puerto Rico for the meds. The treatments of the island have had many contraindications.

meds in question:

Soma Compound 350mg, Generic: Carisopradol
Loratab 7.5, Generic: Hydrocodone/apap

Thanks for any help on this matter

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
There have been other posts on this matter - you can do a search and type in medications or email/pm Ken as he has stated that he has his prescriptions sent from the states all the time.

Kodiak

Nov 14, 2003
The drugs you mention are very effective for pain-relief, and I am sorry that you have a condition that requires the use of them. A friend of mine has a similar problem and he is in constant pain.

However, certain drugs are on watchlists and will come under additonal scrutiny when they come through customs in any quantity unless carried personally by someone with proper documentation. Dominican Customs uses the DEA watchlist.

From the latest watchlist:

"What?s Hot in the Reports of the DEA Enforcement Divisions
National Trends

Hydrocodone products remained the often reported abused pharmaceuticals. Lortab7, Lorcet7 , and Vicodin7 were the most often cited brand names. Benzodiazepines (benzos) including Valium7 /diazepam and Xanax7 /alprazolam continue to be widely reported among those subject to abuse. Oxycodone products (e.g., Percodan7 and Percocet7) were the next highest cited DEA Divisions. Hydromorphone (Dilaudid7) was cited by almost half of the Divisions. Benzodiazepines remain the most reported drug abused in combination with other substances both controlled and non-controlled.

Soma7 (Carisoprodol) continues to be the most frequently abused non-controlled substance."

mrhotshot

Jan 9, 2004
Thanks for reply

I cannot take Nsaids and take cortesteriod injections locally in the sciatica and from axis and c2 to l5 and s1, 3 car accidents in the states, my doctor in the states plays golf in Casa de Campo on vacation but he did not advise of the med. situation here, he only said the climate and hydrotherepy. I do get the injections of depomedral for rheumatoid, osteo, sceleoisis but that is it.
thanks for reply

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
mrhotshot, where will you be located?

My wife and I get our maintenance drugs from the US. We have been doing this for 17 years without any problem. Of course, there aren't any drugs sent us that might be considered narcotics by the DR authoriities, so I don't know about that.

But if any of the drugs you require are on the watch list, you may be able to work out an arrangement with a local doctor to have them sent to his office. If you will be in the Sosua/Cabarete area, I can suggest a doctor that might well be willing to assist you in this regard.

Kodiak

Nov 14, 2003
Sorry to hear about your conditions. The drugs you mentioned are all indicated for the conditions you have.

I did not mean to imply that they cannot be imported, just they the shipment will be under additonal scrutiny when they come through customs, and you may very well receive a knock on the door from the DNCD to further explain the shipment.

Documentation is the key. Make sure that the shipment is accompanied by a copy of the prescription, and possibly a letter from your doctor on his letterhead. If you can get a letter from the embassy so much the better.

Don't ship more than you are willing to lose. I hate to say this, but the shipment could very well be diverted while in customs' hands. That is one reason that I mentioned that these types should be carried in person.

US Customs spent $550,000 USD training Dominican Customs in drug identification to help stop shipments of MDMA (Ecstasy), and as a side effect, they can now readily spot drugs that can be diverted for profit.

daliastanlex

Oct 5, 2006
info about hydrocodone

i read your article and i see many of your readers are interestings about the HYDROCODONE,
so im going to give you some information about it

What is the most important information I should know about hydrocodone and acetaminophen ?
Hydrocodone is habit forming. It is possible become physically and/or psychologically dependent on the medication. Do not take more than the prescribed amount of medication or take it for longer than is directed by your doctor. Withdrawal effects may occur if hydrocodone and acetaminophen is stopped suddenly after several weeks of continuous use. Your doctor may recommend a gradual reduction in dose.

Avoid alcohol while taking hydrocodone and acetaminophen. Alcohol can increase drowsiness and dizziness caused by the medication, possibly resulting in unconsciousness and death. Also, acetaminophen can be damaging to the liver when taken with alcohol.

hydrocodone and acetaminophen may increase the effects of other drugs that cause drowsiness, including antidepressants, alcohol, antihistamines, pain relievers, anxiety medicines, seizure medicines, and muscle relaxants. Dangerous sedation, dizziness, or drowsiness may occur if hydrocodone and acetaminophen is taken with any of these medications. Tell your doctor about all medicines that you are taking, and do not take any medicine without first talking to your doctor.

hydrocodone and acetaminophen may cause constipation. Drink plenty of water (six to eight full glasses a day) to lessen this side effect. Increased fiber in the diet may also help to alleviate constipation.

If you want more information about that you can check in the website Hydrocodone, Lortab, Vicodin, 10/325, Norco, Vicoprofen, Xanax, Alprazolam, Diazapam, rx, crdrx, online pharmacy, Anxiety Motivation Clinics, consultation, Pain Medication about that medication and another ones, and about prices and systems to payment and delivered

have a great day