Finding employees

gilbert

Nov 19, 2003
How hard would it be to find an english speaking secretary / sales rep in Santo Domingo? Also, is english widely spoken through out the DR? :beard:

Sorry no time to go forum browsing for recent related posts at the momment

gilbert

Nov 19, 2003
Well they need to know fluent english to answer phone calls coming from the USA. Very fluent english and clear voice with no accent

lhtown

Jan 8, 2002
To find people who can communicate decently in English should be little problem. To find people with no accent will be much harder. Depending on your contacts and what you can pay, they do exist though.

gilbert

Nov 19, 2003
lhtown said:
To find people who can communicate decently in English should be little problem. To find people with no accent will be much harder. Depending on your contacts and what you can pay, they do exist though.

Ok thanks for the information. I have a mail order business so would need one or two people to answer emails and calls from a 1 800 number. I prefer no accent because the business I want people to think they are calling the USA otherwise they get all scared.

lhtown

Jan 8, 2002
Gilbert,

Finding one or two of the people you describe shouldn't be any big deal. Finding 20 or 50 is much harder.

gilbert

Nov 19, 2003
Thanks for everyones help. Another question. What are expected saleries for an English speaking DR worker who acts basically as a secretary / sales person ?

Thanks again

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
Why did you say this:

"Sorry no time to go forum browsing for recent related posts at the momment"

but yet you have so much time to post continued questions?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Gilbert

Just imagine that they can do Tele-Marketing from here in Santiago, so they must find enough people that can speak English well enough to do sales pitches....

You won't have a problem. Although you will have to locate in Santo Domingo or Santiago or perhaps Puerto Plata...

Salaries: RD$10,000 and up

HB

gilbert

Nov 19, 2003
Re: Gilbert

Hillbilly said:
Just imagine that they can do Tele-Marketing from here in Santiago, so they must find enough people that can speak English well enough to do sales pitches....

You won't have a problem. Although you will have to locate in Santo Domingo or Santiago or perhaps Puerto Plata...

Salaries: RD$10,000 and up

HB

Per month? And what is the current exchange rate. I am planning to be in Santo Domingo

gilbert

Nov 19, 2003
adrianb said:
Why did you say this:

"Sorry no time to go forum browsing for recent related posts at the momment"

but yet you have so much time to post continued questions?

For several reasons such as extremely slow internet that takes 2 minutes to load one page

poquito_loco

Jan 26, 2004
prestige-hosting.com
hmmmmmmmmm

Hello,
Yes Per month. The current exchange rate is what around 48 per 1.00US. I will do it for 75,000. and i speak clear, plain, professional sounding english.;)

Best of luck, PL

gilbert

Nov 19, 2003
Re: hmmmmmmmmm

poquito_loco said:
Hello,
Yes Per month. The current exchange rate is what around 48 per 1.00US. I will do it for 75,000. and i speak clear, plain, professional sounding english.;)

Best of luck, PL

Thanks for the reply. Right now I am just gathering information as it is obviously the best thing to do before making a decision. I will have to visit the DR first and see how it is and then hopefully have a second trip to open up the business and seek a few employees