Challenge Has Raised 20 Bags Thus Far!

Scoobster

Sep 30, 2003
To date, the "Challenge" which was posted prior to Christmas, has help raise over 20 bags of school supplies for the Dream Project alone!
That also does not include all of the donations that have been made to the other just as worthy orginizations.
This is incredible!
I know that with the Dream Project, it has made possible that each child in their schools care received 2 pencils, and a notepad after the Christmas break.....
to a tune of 1200 STUDENTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is truly awesome.

I hope that everyone who is considering travelling to the DR will take this initiative, and spare a little room for some danations in thier luggage, as it is an awesome feeling!

Accept the challenge, and donate as you can to those who can truly use it.

Cheers

Jimmy

loosehead

Jan 17, 2004
school supplies

I have my carry on bag full of school stuff for my trip to Sosua in Feb.I'm just not sure how to go about distributing them.Ideally,I'd like to see the stuff go to 1 or2 more isolated schools as several friends did in Cuba in the past.I guess I'll find more info when I get there,but if you have any ideas,I'd like to see some here before I leave .
John

Scoobster

Sep 30, 2003
Info John

If you wish, there are many good orginizations that would appreciate your donations....I have worked with the Dream Project, and Tricia.
If you wish, I know that they can arrange pick-up, or even a tour to see the school(s) that your donations would be helping.
You can contact the Dream Project at

tricia@dominicandream.org

Thanks...we need more people such as yourself.

Cheers
Jimmy

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Thanks, Appleman, for the School Supplies

Thanks to Bob (appleman) and Kay Huettemann, the children in Sosua have a large quantity of school supplies that they would not otherwise have.

Their generosity is greatly appreciated.

Anyone who will be in the Sosua area and desires to help the school children can leave the supplies they bring with me or at the Sosua Business Services on the main street of Sosua (almost directly opposite Britannia Pub).

John, the elementary school we are assisting is outside of Sosua and services many impoverished families. May not be exactly the sort of school you referred to in Cuba, but the next best thing. I've sent you and email.

Last edited:

loosehead

Jan 17, 2004
school supplies

Thanks for the email,Ken.I emailed you back but clicked on the wrong email icon and it went to Scoobster instead. I'm not used to the message board and I finally found the reply icon.(just a dumb white male)I will drop off the supplies at the Sosua Business Services as soon as we get settled in.There are other options as well,thanks to scoobster,so something positive will be done.Talk to you soon.
John

loosehead

Jan 17, 2004
to Scoobster

Thanks for the reply and the email pointing out my error.I have taken note of tricia's address and may drop a line in a bit.I have at least 1 ball glove and 6 baseballs to bring down as well as school stuff.I'm sure you'll be able to help me disperse them appropriately.
Cheers, John

appleman

Dec 18, 2003
I highly recommend dropping off ANY school supplies at the Sosua Business Services if you are in that area. Angie Wolfe is very involved and will see that your donations get to the schools they support. She can show you pictures of the kids and some of the activities they are backing. It is a very easy way to help.

loosehead

Jan 17, 2004
appleman said:
I highly recommend dropping off ANY school supplies at the Sosua Business Services if you are in that area. Angie Wolfe is very involved and will see that your donations get to the schools they support. She can show you pictures of the kids and some of the activities they are backing. It is a very easy way to help.

Thanks for the info.It's obvious there are lots of involved people down there.See you soon
John

marrelam

Jan 10, 2004
Challenge

There are 5 of us leaving our Puerto Plata resort on Feb. 19th to meet Tricia and her organization. We will be bringing our donations to her schools. If anyone would like to come with us, drop me a line.:bunny:

Scoobster

Sep 30, 2003
Challenge

:)
It is great to see people still acting on, and accepting the challenge!

Because of all of the kind-hearted travellers, the Dream Project has been able to assist over 1000 students of the DR.....that is truly AWESOME!

This does not of course include what has been donated to other kind orginizations....its truly incredible.

I hope that more travellers will read these threads, and continue to support the orginization of thier choice....as it is great to donate!

Cheers
Jimmy

Louise

Jan 31, 2004
donations in Punta Cana?

I would like to bring some school supplies. We are staying in Punta Cana so where would we bring the supplies? I found one post about a school in the Punta Cana / Bavaro area called Escuela Premaria El Cortecito, but the post is over two years old. Is this school still there if we bring some things for them? Thanks!!!

Scoobster

Sep 30, 2003
Louise

Louise said:
I would like to bring some school supplies. We are staying in Punta Cana so where would we bring the supplies? I found one post about a school in the Punta Cana / Bavaro area called Escuela Premaria El Cortecito, but the post is over two years old. Is this school still there if we bring some things for them? Thanks!!!

Thank you for accepting the challenge!

You may contact Tricia, at the Dream Project via e mail, and make arrangements for the distribution of your kind donations.....or search through the " Challenge" thread, and there are other orginizations that would also appreciate your donations.

Tricia can be reached at

tricia@dominicandream.org

Good luck.......thank you so much once again.......and a safe trip!

It feels great to donate!

Cheers
Jimmy