Visitor Visa for US

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
I have a friend in DR, she has family in the US. If she wants to apply for a visitor's visa, is it better for her fam here in the US to apply for her or does she have to do it in the DR. The lines and process in the DR are utterly crazy and the system is completely disconbabulated, can she bypass that and start the process in the US?

Thanks.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
She applies

Talldrink said:
I have a friend in DR, she has family in the US. If she wants to apply for a visitor's visa, is it better for her fam here in the US to apply for her or does she have to do it in the DR. The lines and process in the DR are utterly crazy and the system is completely disconbabulated, can she bypass that and start the process in the US?

Thanks.

And 99% ( or more) of the time they keep the fee and say no. Good luck to her.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Discombobulated, I think

Anyway, the chances of her getting a visitor's visa are slim to none and Slim just rode out of town.

Now, IF she has money and an excellent job, a little property, a fairly good automobile, a baby or two and a husband (or two). Then maybe she should apply for a visa.

She will be asked if she has family in the US. If she lies and says NO, and they discover the lie, she gets blacklisted for a few years. If she says YES, then they might want her to seek residency through them.

At least this is what I have seen happen over the years...

HB

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
Well she does have family here. But I heard that for a brother to apply for a sister, the paperwork takes 3 times longer than other family members (i.e. husband/wife, mother/kids, etc.)

yojimbo44

Feb 19, 2004
the us consulate will treat you like S**t

I tried to do the exact thing you're looking to do. On Fri. January 30, I went to the consulate along with my common-law spouse's aunt trying to assist her get a visitor's visa. I went with her on the advice of an immigration attorney here in New York who told me it'll help. I brought with me copies of 2 years of income tax, bank statements, letter stating I will be responsible for all her expenses and will assure she returns to DR before the expiration of her visa, as well as the INS form required as an affidavit of sponsor. When we approached the window for her interview I was curtly told none of the paperwork I brought would have any bearing on her(the Consulate employee's) decision and "go wait outside now".
I was taken aback by the curt dismissal and didn't gather my thoughts on time to ask the young lady if these papers were not meant to have any bearing on her decision why do they exist to be downloaded from the INS website ? At any rate if you are ready to get treated like crap by someone who is paid from your tax dollars go ahead to the us consulate and look for a mousy looking scrawny blonde , she won't disappoint.
But if you discover a way to get a visa done from here in the US without your loved one going through the ordeal at the consulate let me know, we really were hoping to have her aunt visit us this summer.
Good Luck

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
Well, her brother is the one trying to get her here - this time. This is my lifetime friend, I've tried every which way to get her here in some sort of way, nothing works. There's no way to bring my best friend from DR. I already had a bad experience with another girlfriend who got married to get the papers - long story short, its a hit or miss and we missed. He ran off with the money and we couldnt even find him for the divorce. She is a hardworking girl, in school, full time job and has a kid, but there is no way they will just let her come... Very stressful.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Talldrink said:
Well, her brother is the one trying to get her here - this time. This is my lifetime friend, I've tried every which way to get her here in some sort of way, nothing works. There's no way to bring my best friend from DR. I already had a bad experience with another girlfriend who got married to get the papers - long story short, its a hit or miss and we missed. He ran off with the money and we couldnt even find him for the divorce. She is a hardworking girl, in school, full time job and has a kid, but there is no way they will just let her come... Very stressful.

Talldrink
I already see all the red flags. (this time? ) has she applied before? Seems like a lot of work and money if she is coming for only a visit. That is what a vistor's visa is for and if she says one wrong word at the interview she will be turned down again. Vistor's visa is the hardest and almost impossible to get for Canada or US.
Click here for more info.
Good luck

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
No, she's never gone as far as the interview. She's had her father try and he never followed up. Of course she wants a visitor's visa, but she wants to stay!

You can say she's tried not so legal means before. She's tried to leave with some religious groups, but then that falls through, then has tried to buy the visa, nothing. that type of thing.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Talldrink said:
No, she's never gone as far as the interview. She's had her father try and he never followed up. Of course she wants a visitor's visa, but she wants to stay!

You can say she's tried not so legal means before. She's tried to leave with some religious groups, but then that falls through, then has tried to buy the visa, nothing. that type of thing.

I hate to break this to you but she will more than likely never get a "visitor's visa" . But do read the info on that link.

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
Is ok Anna, I pretty much know that the odds are more none than slim in her case. Still looking for someone to marry her (hint, hint, you guys out there).

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Talldrink said:
Is ok Anna, I pretty much know that the odds are more none than slim in her case. Still looking for someone to marry her (hint, hint, you guys out there).

Send me her photo and I will put it up in the Media Gallery.

I?m sure a husband could be found on DR1 or even brought for US$2-3,000

Can we get 25% commission on her successful arrival in the USA?

Let the bidding begin :)

blong

Sep 30, 2003
Good luck with your friend, Talldrink. I'm sure she'll be able to meet a nice guy and it will all work out for her.

You know though, in a couple of years we should have same sex marriages and at that point you could just marry her yourself.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
blong said:
Good luck with your friend, Talldrink. I'm sure she'll be able to meet a nice guy and it will all work out for her.

You know though, in a couple of years we should have same sex marriages and at that point you could just marry her yourself.

Hey that is now legal in Canada. I'm available for $10,000 Canadian dollars to either sex. hehehehehe

disclaimer:
I don't promise I'll have sex though. Purely a business deal since this is in the business section. :laugh:

blong

Sep 30, 2003
Anna,
That makes sense in Canada. Its so cold up there, you have to grab someone, anyone, to curl up with at night just to stay warm.

Q: What makes for a Canadian orgy? A: A cold night, too much Labatt's and some sled dogs.

Cfresh4

Feb 18, 2004
Mexican Visa

Talldrink said:

:D I was told it was easier to get a Mexican travel visa. Then from Mexico visit US. Anyone tried that?

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
Blong, Im married already... I hope you didnt mean it in another way though.

Robert, I will search for a good pic of her, I have others that are looking for 'husbands' no strings attached.... the price you gave is reasonable, if it works out, im willing to share any commision. Lets discuss. :cool:

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
Cfresh4 said:
:D I was told it was easier to get a Mexican travel visa. Then from Mexico visit US. Anyone tried that?

Yeah, but how do they get here from Mexico then? I mean, there are already enough trying to get thorough the border...

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
If I were you guys I would state how this is just kidding. You are discussing helping someone commit a crime... and I wouldn't be surprised if someone from the US embassy reads the forums.

:classic:

JAMIE

Jun 10, 2002
??? How does those Dominicans in the US applied before ???

If it is so hard to apply the vistors visa for Dominicans, how does those Dominicans reside in the US applied before? Through the legal way? marriage?
amnesty (got to pray)?

El Jefe

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
"Of course she wants a visitor's visa, but she wants to stay!"

This is the cause of your problem in the first place. Too many people coming in on visitor or student visas and then staying after the visa expires. Since this is her admitted desire, I would not issue a visa to her if it was up to me.

Sorry