Asd Pulling Out Of N.y.c.

eli

Jun 10, 2003
Rumor has it that ASD is pulling out of the New York market due to the fact that they were bought out by another carrier. Can anyone elaborate on this if they have any info?

Flakko

Dec 5, 2003
I heard the same

Somebody told me the same rumor, a long time ago, that they were bought by an airline that I won't mention to avoid confusion.
Rumors and rumors, can mean something it's true...
So let's wait to find out the truth.`

Samana1

Bronze
Jan 4, 2002
www.samana-peninsula.com
Asd

Well it seems wll be right, as just say Aeromar cant make it profitable due to high lease costs is Air Santo Domingo the same or even bad with lesser seats in the aircrafts.

Summer reservations are not available, is this because Delta Air Lines have 2 daily and American 4 daily very cheap fares, this is a good decision of the Management of ASD. They need to keep the airline alive and not doing as Aeromar. San Juan - Santo Domingo will be continue on B757

santobonao

Bronze
Jun 3, 2003
www.telemundo.com
flights from nyc from summer-

well now delta will served santo domingo with 2 daily flights. american airlines will increase service to 4 daily flights. NA will increase service to 4 weekly flights in the summer season. continental will have 2 daily flights. maybe air santo will increase service into a daily.

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
Samana1

Summer reservations are available, you can call ASD and they will reserve you whatver you wish. Timetables are in CRS.

There is nothing confirmed about ASD's future in NYC.

777-200

Jan 25, 2004
aviastar said:
Samana1

Summer reservations are available, you can call ASD and they will reserve you whatver you wish. Timetables are in CRS.

There is nothing confirmed about ASD's future in NYC.

ASD is not pulling out NYC. This is from a good source from inside. Very high ranking source.

eli

Jun 10, 2003
777-200

I hate to disagree with you but documents rest in DGAC that say otherwise and i comfirmed it with one of the employees and sales have been haulted at the end of April.

Searcher

May 5, 2003
I wish all of these rumors are not true..but once I said here, if Aeromar goes out of business ASD will follow it. The cost structure for ASD is too high to compete with AA and now Delta. ASD has been cutting flights, wisely. That measure is not enough to stop ASD's financial situation from bleeding.

If pulling out of JFK is the right thing to do, then they should do it and invest their financial resources in a market where they can make money.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Will Stanley Juaquin be around when all the poor Dominicans

yet once again loose their tickets and money trying to fly on these bogus airlines??? "****" no! CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

eli

Jun 10, 2003
Criss:

Unfortunatelly for you they've done it a little differently than Aeromar since they have stopped the sales and have posted the date of their last operation into NYC being the same date, so i don't see how you can put in the same conversation with Aeromar.

As far as taking peoples money i don't think so since they are not selling past April 30 which is their apparent last day of operation into NYC, San Juan apparently stays the same.

BOGUS i don't think so because if that was the problem TWA was BOGUS and even American when it pulls out of a market because is not convenient for them to be in it, I guess every airline is BOGUS.

Apr 26, 2002
Excellent point, Eli. If ASD provides adequate notice of cessation of service and otherwise acts fairly to its clients, then they will have proven themselves to be the most responsible Dominican airline ever and worthy of our patronage - even if that means only when we fly to San Juan.

Samana1

Bronze
Jan 4, 2002
www.samana-peninsula.com
Air Santo Domingo will stop service to New York effective 20 April 2004 , The current economy crisis in the country are the problems as the same problems as Aeromar, no profit on these flights, Air Santo Domingo will resume this destination till new notice.

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
Samana1

ASD will stop oprations to NYC between APR 28 and JUL 1, it is about 2 months period, remember that May is the lowest season. :cheeky: