Camping Supplies

A

Abi

Hi Friends!
Where would you go to buy a tent, back pack and basic camping supplies in the DR?
- Abi

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
Abi said:
Hi Friends!
Where would you go to buy a tent, back pack and basic camping supplies in the DR?
- Abi

Well starting up with the fact you didn't provide most importantly:Where in the DR you're located, I assume you meant just about anywhere in the DR.

If in Santiago, A good bet to get these kind of goods, like a tent and big ticket items would be in:

Utiles Deportivos Lora & Asociados
B Juarez 6
Santiago
(809) 582-4082
(located in Villa Olga in the principal Ave of the Reparto)

They also have a store located in the "Downtown" area of the city:

Utiles Deportivos
Av Espa?a 5-D
Santiago
(809) 247-3754
Not too much display room but they carry a whole lot of stuff, at least that's what my nephew says.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
A

Abi

Thank you PICHARDO!
We will be visiting Santiago and Sto. Domingo real soon. I will follow your lead. Thanx to your son too!
- Abi

PICHARDO said:
Well starting up with the fact you didn't provide most importantly:Where in the DR you're located, I assume you meant just about anywhere in the DR.

If in Santiago, A good bet to get these kind of goods, like a tent and big ticket items would be in:

Utiles Deportivos Lora & Asociados
B Juarez 6
Santiago
(809) 582-4082
(located in Villa Olga in the principal Ave of the Reparto)

They also have a store located in the "Downtown" area of the city:

Utiles Deportivos
Av Espa?a 5-D
Santiago
(809) 247-3754
Not too much display room but they carry a whole lot of stuff, at least that's what my nephew says.

Hope this helps.

kkneafsey

Aug 9, 2004
Where are some of the best/safest spots to Camp in the DR?

I would love to camp, but just want to make sure it is OK to do so here.

Thanks - Kevin

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Ummm... never heard of a camping ground in such. People basically live outdoors so camping isn't all that common...

ustelephone

Mar 31, 2004
www.ecoislandadventures.com
I can recommend several places to camp if you give me an idea of what area you are looking to camp in. I camp here at least once a month.

I buy most of my campgear at MegaCentro in the Zona Oriental inside the Ferretaria Americana. They have namebrands like Coleman.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
The "Cuesta" hardware store in the Plaza Naco shopping center

Ave Tiradentes ,between 27 de Feb. and Ave,"JFK",Santo Domingo has some camping gear.Tents,stoves,etc.The Cuesta in the Supermercado National Complex in Santiago may have as well,you have to ask "Hillbilly" about Santiago!