How much cost a Cedula/Pass

M

Michael K.

Can anybody tell me how much dinero a dominicano needs if he wants to get a cedula if he have nothing.

So what documents are necessary to get a Cedula (Certificate of Birth or what?, does every Dominican have this?!) How expensive is this and how long takes this?

After he gets this paper he can ask for a Cedula, right? How long takes this.

If a Dominicano has a Cedula can he get a Passport, how much $$? And how long takes this....

In other words, how much time,money is necessary for a Dominican to get a Pass if he have no Documents.

I just wondering why so few People in the D.R. have a Cedula if it is free or not expensive.

Adios. Kily

D

DR One

Most Dominicans have their cedula. But most Dominicans have not renewed it and gotten the new one. Yes, it is free. The JCE procedure says it will be issued the same day, in the past it could take a month because of technical difficulties they were having. A passport will be issued in less than a week's time. There is also an express service -- one day service for RD$600.

G

gio

A cedula is a very official document. I think that Dominican kindergartners made my estranged husband's cedula. It's so funny to see because stuff is written in all scratchy-like and they attached the photo with scotch tape. There's no way to forge something like that!! Hee hee!