Acta de matrimonio

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Hello,

I am in a process of legalizing my 'acta de matrimonio' in the embassy of the Netherlands. This week the embassy called me to let me know that there was a mistake in the Acta, and that I have to get a new one, else they won't legalize it (and I will loose the 236 euro fee I had to pay for legalization).

I got a new acta yesterday and legalized it in the Junta Central. However, now I noticed that the acta is signed by another person supposedly empowered by the oficial of the estado civil (it says p/o or something and then the sign of someone, but not of the oficial whose name is under the acta.

I am a bit afraid the dutch embassy will make problems about this. Does anyone know if this is normal practise and if it should be accepted like this, or should I go back to the oficialia and get a new one, signed by the oficial herself?

gr. Mauricio

Limburger

Jan 13, 2004
The Dutch consulate is very strict on legalizing documents these days. Lots of Latin American immigrants were entering the Netherlands through the Neth. Antilles. The DR has a high score on the black list of countries of origin of unwanted immigrants at Dutch Immigration. (is this sentence correct English??) . Anyway, they are doing as much as possible to avoid (discourage) unwanted/illegal immigrants.
As always the good (assuming that you belong to that group) suffer the consequenses.
I have heard lots of stories of rejections for the most stupid? differences in documents or information recieved by the investigators. Personally I haven't had any difficulties (accept having to file out the milelong application forms they have these days). E.g last month I entered my wife's birth certificate for legalization and I've allready received it!!! (It was legalised before in '98)

My opinion is, if you don't trust the act you received, apply for another one, its only 150 pesos or so, instead of the 16000 pesos for the legalisation.Easy choice, huh? Remember you have to legalize it by two Dominican institutions.(one is the Cancilleria, the other one I have to check its name) You also have to apply for a certificate "en extensa" if not it won't be accepted.

B.T.W did you inform why it was rejected and why didn't you file protest?
Some advice: fill out every piece of information you have especially on names and nicknames, fill out names of relatives according to the data on their cedula's and check if all your information and documents correspond with each other. They reject you on the slightest contradiction!

If you want me to answer some questions be free to contact me. Try to find the reason of the rejection, maybe there are people on the board who had the same specific problem, who answer to your problem.

I.E.