How to open a bank account

Astral

Mar 13, 2003
Hi,

I'm a french guy who want to deposit money for interest. Do you that nowadays they accept Euros ?

Which paper I need to open this account ?
And for a normal account, it seems to be more difficult, can you help me ?

And other questions, If I want to buy a house, what kind of credit and which rate I can expect ?

Thanx a lot.

I still have lot of question, so see you soon :classic:

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Forget about getting credit for a house to buy. You must come to the DR and PAY CASH. You can get 50% interest in the bank on Pesos and they will make money lending you money.

You need a passport and letters of credit from your bank in Europe for most banks. I brought 2 from banks and one from a stock broker.

I have total of 1k in banks btw and most of my money in a finance house and in Real Estate. I don't trust the banks.

Scott

timelessdreams

Apr 5, 2004
Banks and Financial Houses

Escott said:
Forget about getting credit for a house to buy. You must come to the DR and PAY CASH. You can get 50% interest in the bank on Pesos and they will make money lending you money.

You need a passport and letters of credit from your bank in Europe for most banks. I brought 2 from banks and one from a stock broker.

I have total of 1k in banks btw and most of my money in a finance house and in Real Estate. I don't trust the banks.

Scott

Hi Scott,

This is my 3rd post on this website, and I found you and Grahame to be very helpful and informative. Let me just say that I'm so happy to have found such a resourceful site for our concerns. We live in NJ and are planning to move to RD before the year is out. (you must have heard this plenty!) We figure if we're going to work for the rest of our lives, it may as well be in 'paradise'...YES with all it's garbage, erratic traffic, etc.

With regard to the banks and other investment vehicles - would you recommend investing cash prior to us taking the leap forward? If so, I've been told due tot he IRS's roving eyes, the banks frown on this process for Americans. I'v heard claims that we'd be much better off having either a residency card from the RD first, or residency from nother country(???)

Are you talking about stocks in the finance houses? How much safer than the banks are they? We shouldn't have a problem with the documentation as we have plenty of equity in 2 homes (1 of which we will keep at the shore and rent out) and a retirement plan I plan to keep invested here.

If we work in the RD, invest, whether it be real estate or stocks, are we subject to capital gains tax and income tax back in the states? Can you shed some light on this?

Also, working online is imperative for me, so how dependable is access in your part of the woods?

Your response it greatly appreciated.
Susie :bunny:

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Today is NOT a good day for me to respond re internet connection as I have been "Bumped", "Dropped" 23 times now & generally messed around since coming on-line(???) at 09.45 this morning!!! Normally connection is fairly reliable for dial up using VIP 40 kbps but today I have had 2.4 kbps up to 18.6 kbps!! At the moment I am getting supersonic speed of 28.4 kbps!!!

I always recomend coming down to see how things work here before "Buying Property" &/or investing. Get to know the players, the right 'Dominican' Price, who to trust & who to avoid before making final decisions!! In the DR, Caveat Emptor is a daily occurance/neccessity!!! Connections & networking are FAR more important than the amount of money you can throw at things - even if you are as rich as Rob or Scott!!!!!! - Grahame.

timelessdreams

Apr 5, 2004
BushBaby said:
Today is NOT a good day for me to respond re internet connection as I have been "Bumped", "Dropped" 23 times now & generally messed around since coming on-line(???) at 09.45 this morning!!! Normally connection is fairly reliable for dial up using VIP 40 kbps but today I have had 2.4 kbps up to 18.6 kbps!! At the moment I am getting supersonic speed of 28.4 kbps!!!

I always recomend coming down to see how things work here before "Buying Property" &/or investing. Get to know the players, the right 'Dominican' Price, who to trust & who to avoid before making final decisions!! In the DR, Caveat Emptor is a daily occurance/neccessity!!! Connections & networking are FAR more important than the amount of money you can throw at things - even if you are as rich as Rob or Scott!!!!!! - Grahame.

Thanks, Grahame.
I look forward to your e-mail reply once you have maintained steady connectivity! :ermm: