Looking for a bartender in Sosua...

Chris_NJ

Bronze
Dec 17, 2003
I am almost afraid of the response I will get here but I will give it a try. My girlfriend needs to hire a new bartender for her bar in Sosua. It is Magdalena Mini Bar and Liquor Store (and now Body Art (she started painting temporary tattoos). It is on Calle Caliente near Casa Marina Reef.

I am NOT trying to start a debate about hookers, bartenders, and Sosua so let’s please leave that alone.

Magdalena has had a few that have lasted between a few weeks and a few months but no one has really worked out. We were talking this morning and I mentioned DR1 as an option and she said the type of person who would want to be a bartender in Sosua would not have internet access. I say that’s exactly my point - that maybe it would be better to find someone who is not a typical Sosua bartender and it could work out better.

She is just looking for someone TRUSTWORTHY and outgoing – I think this could be a student, someone on an extended vacation looking for something to do, whoever. Of course the pay is not going to be glamorous but I should mention that Magdalena might be studying here in NJ starting in August (God willing) so if someone works out they could end up being managing the bar while Magdalena is away.

Anyone interested could PM me and I will give Magdalena’s email address or cell #. Or just stop by the bar and talk to her.

timelessdreams

Apr 5, 2004
Chris_NJ said:
I am almost afraid of the response I will get here but I will give it a try. My girlfriend needs to hire a new bartender for her bar in Sosua. It is Magdalena Mini Bar and Liquor Store (and now Body Art (she started painting temporary tattoos). It is on Calle Caliente near Casa Marina Reef.

I am NOT trying to start a debate about hookers, bartenders, and Sosua so let?s please leave that alone.

Magdalena has had a few that have lasted between a few weeks and a few months but no one has really worked out. We were talking this morning and I mentioned DR1 as an option and she said the type of person who would want to be a bartender in Sosua would not have internet access. I say that?s exactly my point - that maybe it would be better to find someone who is not a typical Sosua bartender and it could work out better.

She is just looking for someone TRUSTWORTHY and outgoing ? I think this could be a student, someone on an extended vacation looking for something to do, whoever. Of course the pay is not going to be glamorous but I should mention that Magdalena might be studying here in NJ starting in August (God willing) so if someone works out they could end up being managing the bar while Magdalena is away.

Anyone interested could PM me and I will give Magdalena?s email address or cell #. Or just stop by the bar and talk to her.

Hi Chris,

My name is Susie and I am also from NJ. I would have loved to take on this opportunity as we are going to the DR next month to look at property to relocate. I have bartended for over 25 years, (since I'm 17) still am here down at the shore, and was looking for some employment in the restaurant/bar industry when we do relocate. I'm sure your friend needs someone to fill the position right away, but I'd be happy to have a chat with her when I visit to look at a future opportunity.

You can e-mail me @ QTISUZI@aol.com

Susie