metro bus & el caribe

ride2hard

Feb 11, 2004
what is the web site for metro bus and el carbie tours?

what is the cheapest way to get from SDQ to the bus station in santo domingo? paid US$20 last time i was there.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Google It

ride2hard said:
what is the web site for metro bus and el carbie tours?

what is the cheapest way to get from SDQ to the bus station in santo domingo? paid US$20 last time i was there.

Do a google search on them - I recall that one of the two has a good web site with times etc., US$20 is about the going rate for a taxi from the airport to the capital ( it's $18 to Boca Chica and that's only 10 km). There's no bus etc., unless you walk to the highway (a LONG walk) and try to catch a gua gua.

Of course if you are heading to Santiago they leave every hour most days soshowing up at either bus station and just taking the next bus will probably suffice for northbound travel.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Here are the web sites for Caribe tours and Metro I took Caribe from SD to Sosua for 170 pesos back in Novemeber. I think it's gone up a bit but certainly not $20 US .

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
need to go from sosua to samana..anyone know the info?Caribe has busses to both quite often as it shows on their web page...
bob

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Anna Coniglio said:
Here are the web sites for Caribe tours and Metro I took Caribe from SD to Sosua for 170 pesos back in Novemeber. I think it's gone up a bit but certainly not $20 US .

I'm writing this in Santo Domingo, having paid RD$230 yesterday to Caribe Tours for the trip from Sosua.

Anne, if you reread original post you will see he was asking about getting from SD airport to Caribe Tours terminal for less than $20.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
As I am sure that Ken and others can tell you, there is a bus that leaves kinda early from Sosua to Samaná. Look in the SEARCH function, since we have talked about this before.

HB :D:D

andrea9k

Apr 17, 2004
Apolo taxi charges 800 pesos (25 dollars), while our business pick up service charges 1,000 pesos (30+ dollars). uhm :angry: ... Maybe taking an airport based taxi will be cheaper.

Jess