Continental Newark, NJ to PP

paloma_blanca

Jun 10, 2003
Question

When you say PP what does that mean? Sorry if it's a stupid question, I am thinking it means Puerto Plata can you comfirm. Thanks :classic:

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
That's What He'd Be Meaning

paloma_blanca said:
When you say PP what does that mean? Sorry if it's a stupid question, I am thinking it means Puerto Plata can you comfirm. Thanks :classic:

Using my detective skills: Puerto Plata has an airport and the initials "PP", and Punta Cana and Santo Domingo and Santiago have airports but are not "PP's" , however you are correct in noticing he should have used the airport code "POP" (and for the record the other three in the order above are PUJ, SDQ and STI).

What it doesn't say is if this is a particularly good price or not. And with or without taxes which can add another hundred clams.

BeachBoys

Feb 25, 2003
Confirmation

ricktoronto said:
Using my detective skills: Puerto Plata has an airport and the initials "PP", and Punta Cana and Santo Domingo and Santiago have airports but are not "PP's" , however you are correct in noticing he should have used the airport code "POP" (and for the record the other three in the order above are PUJ, SDQ and STI).

What it doesn't say is if this is a particularly good price or not. And with or without taxes which can add another hundred clams.

According to Continental's website this fare to POP is $360.90 from
Newark(EWR), including all taxes. I did a flight search travelling on
June 10 and returning June 14.

Happy Hunting,

JD

timelessdreams

Apr 5, 2004
BeachBoys said:
According to Continental's website this fare to POP is $360.90 from
Newark(EWR), including all taxes. I did a flight search travelling on
June 10 and returning June 14.

Happy Hunting,

JD

Thanks for the clarification, BeachBoys. Evidently a 'typo' on my part.
POP it is! Booked it! June 3-15. (Lucky enough to have had some AMEX rewards points to cash in ~ Total cost - $155 R/T for two!!!)

Thanks!
Susie

paloma_blanca

Jun 10, 2003
timelessdreams said:
Thanks for the clarification, BeachBoys. Evidently a 'typo' on my part.
POP it is! Booked it! June 3-15. (Lucky enough to have had some AMEX rewards points to cash in ~ Total cost - $155 R/T for two!!!)

Thanks!
Susie

Thank you, I am looking for a good deal on flights during the month of May 13th thru the 23rd, but to no avail. I have tried so many airlines and everything is like $550.00 and up. During this time last year I was able to find deals for less then $400.00, no luck here for me :( :( .

Again thanks for the answers that were provided to my question.