So what is the deal on traveling?

ArtistaPura*

Feb 19, 2004
Okay forgive me if this sounds a bit stupid, but I just want to be clear. So my boyfriend is on the dominican league-baseball-and I guess they pay him every so many months or something like that. But what I am not understanding is how a bank can put a date on when you can withdrawl your money. Is that a DR thing? That the bank restricts him to when he can get his money from them. Also so he has his passport and has been to Germany is it still that hard to travel to the States. Let me know. Thanks.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Has he asked you for money while he's waiting for his cheque to be cashed?

Wether he has traveled to Germany or Paris has nothing to do with getting into the States. Each ccountry has it's own rules for issuing a visa.

Anyone wanna bet this will end up in my Forum?

simpson Homer

Bronze
Nov 14, 2003
Oh my goodness

Now you will tell he was playing Base ball in Germany and you will believe that.
If you want to keep him, don't get involved in his financial stuff how are you going to feel if he does the same thing to you.

What I understand from you the guy is telling you that he can't cash his check
that's mean you have to send him some money right? If that true about the check tell him to fax a copy to you.

Artistapura = Spanish AH?

ArtistaPura* said:
Okay forgive me if this sounds a bit stupid, but I just want to be clear. So my boyfriend is on the dominican league-baseball-and I guess they pay him every so many months or something like that. But what I am not understanding is how a bank can put a date on when you can withdrawl your money. Is that a DR thing? That the bank restricts him to when he can get his money from them. Also so he has his passport and has been to Germany is it still that hard to travel to the States. Let me know. Thanks.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
ArtistaPura*
What the guys above are trying to tell you is "Watch out for scams from ANY Dominican Boyfriend". We have seen all too many 'SCAMS' over the years we have been contributing to this forum (6 years in my case) & want to make others aware of the problems of "Lending", "Helping out Financially" to any emotionally involved partner/friend!!

I do not believe that this is a BANK imposed limit of days for withdrawl, but one of when the money is put into your boyfriends account. Normally, companies pay out salary cheques on the 15th & 30th day of each month - with DOUBLE salary in December (to make up for the 13th month!!). As a result, nearly all Dominicans will go to cash their money as soon as it is available & as they don't PLAN their finances, are often short of funds by a couple of days after salary being paid in!!

Perhaps what your boyfriend is saying is that his money won't be available to be withdrawn until the 15th or 30th of the month & he needs a loan until then!! Tell him "TOUGH - PLAN your outgoings as I am not your bank"!! Tough words I agree, but ones that will save you a LOT of money in the future & prevent serious arguments (&/or misunderstandings) later.

Re the Visa to the US of A - I am no expert on this subject (being British not North American) but know that getting a visa to US is a long & involved process with little chance of success!! The restrictions to the US are greater than to Britain & even Britain would be nigh on impossible these days!!! DON'T get yourself imbroiled in this application & certainly don't lay any money out on it, unless the person concerned has friends in HIGH places, it just isn't going to happen!!

Hope this clears a few things up for you. Be careful & aware - Grahame.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
It's time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anna Coniglio said:
Has he asked you for money while he's waiting for his cheque to be cashed?

Wether he has traveled to Germany or Paris has nothing to do with getting into the States. Each ccountry has it's own rules for issuing a visa.

Anyone wanna bet this will end up in my Forum?
Annita, I believe that it's time for me to post my "chronicle". I will do such as soon as I get home at around 5pm. Do I hean an Amen! from you?

Jan

Bronze
Jan 3, 2002
Santo Domingo Este
www.colonialzone-dr.com
I know one thig for sure. When you get a pay check form your job you should cash it right away. Once I waited for about 3 weeks to cash a pay check and the bank wouldn't cash it. They said the check was too old and I had to go and get another one. This did not make sense to me. When in USA I waited for months to cash my pay checks and there was no problem. But then, I do have to remember I'm not in USA anymore.
Also when you have a check from another country you do need to wait until the funds are cleared to take the money. Have to deposit it and wait to get the money.

Forbeca

Bronze
Mar 5, 2003
The question is: Is Homer also writing something

on this fascinating subject. He is very qualified for the task. Can't wait to read both.

Anna Coniglio said:
Amen Migue!!!!l

Do start a new thread in mars/venus.

Thanks

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I'm going off topic shame on me but I'm heading to Toronto on the 9th and I might have to interview Homer myself to get the stories. :p

ArtistaPura*

Feb 19, 2004
hey guys sorry it took me so long to respond. i went to miami and couldn't remember my password so i had to wait until i was home. well, i talked to him about it and i am currently in the process of moving to italy for school, so he was fine with me not sending the money. his only comment was that i would have to wait a little longer to see him. but in recent news he sent a ticket to go in the next couple of weeks! so thus far things are full proof. but believe me i have been cautious through this whole thing. i have a friend who got totally screwed over by one of those wonderful dominicanos. but i have to say that every race has its faults, you know. being half italian i can say a lot about the "using" men, but anyway things are cool now. i just wish i could understand more of this whole baseball thing. if you are a baseball player in dr for a major american legue team, how are you connected and how come they are not paying more than $30,000 a year? i don't know, i don't even know the whole baseball game let alone all this minor legue, A, AA, and AAA. can someone that knows a bit about baseball enlighten me. :classic: