Any Big Hotels In DR

fidogirl10

Apr 1, 2004
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone knew any hotels in Punta Cana or Puerto Plata that was an actual one building hotel. I am not a fan of the villas, I would prefer for it to be one big hotel with the restaurants, shops, etc in the building.........
I have experienced alot of rain while being in DR that going to dinner soaking wet from running from my room to the buffet restaurant is a little uncomfortable.........I love the DR I would just like to improve my stays everytime I go (avoid things that make the trip a negative experience)
Thanks.....

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Hi fidogirl10,

Greetings from Atlantic Canada.

The DR isn't Cancun (thank God) with it's unending string of high rises. In the DR, generally, the buildings are not allowed to be any higher than the palm trees so as to blend in with the flora and enhance the landscape not act as a scar upon it. What this means is that most resorts are reasonably spread out and you might have to be content with a chain such as Riu which insists on placing an umbrella in every room or the Iberostar Costa Dorada where, by design, all buildings are interconnected with eachother and the common buildings by covered walkways. In the rain you can get from anywhere to anywhere under cover.

Both Iberostar and Riu are quality chains which are well respected and have many, many returning guests.

We just returned last Friday from the Riu Mambo where we made use of the umbrellas and Breezes - POP where a towel had to act as a poor substitute for an umbrella.

Gregg