Eddy's bar? Any Good?

davidoff

May 11, 2004
Can anyone tell me if Eddy's Sports Bar is any good in Sosua and if it is busy or not? Do they show Englsih soccer there too? If so does it get busy for that?

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
I'm preparing a hit list. LOL

davidoff said:
Can anyone tell me if Eddy's Sports Bar is any good in Sosua and if it is busy or not? Do they show Englsih soccer there too? If so does it get busy for that?

You can check the English Programming fixtures at www.eddysportsbar.com
As far as your other Q's for obvious reasons I'll not respond.

Winnipegger

Oct 17, 2003
I think Eddys is by far the best and most fun sports bar on the North coast. Lots of sports programming options available and if there is nothing on the Staff are very fun and friendly. Well worth an afternoon when in the Sosua area.!

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Defnitely best sports bar on the coast. And you'd never find better hosts than Eddy and his wife. Truly lovely people.

GlowWorm

Nov 18, 2003
Eddy's a great guy, and he and his staff of lovely ladies will make you feel most welcome.

Glow

tired_boy

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
How do you get to this bar exactly? If you were coming from the public beach in Sosua where would you head?

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
tired_boy said:
How do you get to this bar exactly? If you were coming from the public beach in Sosua where would you head?

Just walk up the main street untill you get to Super Super. Calle Ayuntamiento. Left there and about 3/4 way down the street. Big Presidente sign you can't miss it. The bar is open only on week ends except for the UEFA Cup final on the 19th. Doing some repairs on the rooms in the back and in the bar. Will be open 7 days starting 11th of June for the EURO 2004 games.

Boh

Jan 3, 2002
Eddy?s bar is definitely worth checking out. Eddy, hope you enjoyed the Molson?s and Blue!

tired_boy

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
Whats the price of the drinks like in Eddy's bar? Presidente (big and small)?

Keep it stocked up well for Euro 2004!

Fiesta Mama

Bronze
Jan 28, 2004
tired_boy said:

Tired Boy what kind of a question is that??? You are talking about The Dominican Republic which produces only one brand of beer (PRESIDENTE)!!! Come on, have you been at any bar in the DR that did not have Presidente in-stock - it's a DR pastime?

tired_boy

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
No, i am not asking if they have the DR's national beer.

I am asking how much can i expect to pay for a large and how much for a small. I am saying keep it stocked up well because the bar will be crammed with fans during Euro 2004 i am going to drink eddy's bar dry of it!

Slight misunderstanding here.............

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
tired_boy said:

Keep it stocked up well for Euro 2004!

Small Presidentes RD$60.00 = US$1.25 And plenty of it. LOL

Fiesta Mama

Bronze
Jan 28, 2004
tired_boy said:
No, i am not asking if they have the DR's national beer.

I am asking how much can i expect to pay for a large and how much for a small. I am saying keep it stocked up well because the bar will be crammed with fans during Euro 2004 i am going to drink eddy's bar dry of it!

Slight misunderstanding here.............

Yes, sorry Tired Boy. I misread your post.

sunnyhammock

Nov 16, 2003
Hi, I dont wish to cause any upset but are we talking about the same Eddys bar in Sosua? My fella and I have been here 4 months and have been to Eddys around a dozen times to watch the English football. The girl behind the bar visibly sighs when she has to get up to serve a drink. When we have asked if the English game advertised is on and she has just shrugged her shoulders, maybe its because we are a couple rather than guys on their own who knows. We have never seen more than 12 people at one time in there but we are hoping that it will get better when the Euros start. Its a nice bar and deserves to do a lot better than it does.

We have met Eddy a couple of times and he is a really nice guy so this is not having a go at him. We are not the only people that this has happened to as some of our friends who live in Sosua have had the same treatment.

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Boh said:
Eddy?s bar is definitely worth checking out. Eddy, hope you enjoyed the Molson?s and Blue!

Seeing your post, your name takes on a whole new meaning to me now! :)

A fellow Molson Canadian fan

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
sunnyhammock said:
Hi, I dont wish to cause any upset but are we talking about the same Eddys bar in Sosua? My fella and I have been here 4 months and have been to Eddys around a dozen times to watch the English football. The girl behind the bar visibly sighs when she has to get up to serve a drink. When we have asked if the English game advertised is on and she has just shrugged her shoulders, maybe its because we are a couple rather than guys on their own who knows. We have never seen more than 12 people at one time in there but we are hoping that it will get better when the Euros start. Its a nice bar and deserves to do a lot better than it does.

We have met Eddy a couple of times and he is a really nice guy so this is not having a go at him. We are not the only people that this has happened to as some of our friends who live in Sosua have had the same treatment.

Have you ever contacted Eddy and told him of your complaint? Perhaps that's a better way of informing the owner than posting it on a message board for the world to read. Obviously we've all had great service, what's wrong with you and your friends? :confused:

sunnyhammock

Nov 16, 2003
We havent complained to Eddy as we dont want to get anyone into trouble. We dont consider there is anything wrong with us and our friends, we love living here, we love football and we all treat dominicans with respect. We just thought that if a fellow English football supporter was coming over expecting a great time we should tell him our experiences there. I'm sure if you had not enjoyed a meal in a restaurant you would be telling people not to go there.

I did not post this comment as a slur against anyone I just thought we were allowed to express our opionion.

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
sunnyhammock said:
We havent complained to Eddy as we dont want to get anyone into trouble.
I did not post this comment as a slur against anyone I just thought we were allowed to express our opionion.

As I recall, this is the second slur you've posted against Eddy's bar. But you're too coward to tell him? I see, you'd rather tell anyone who reads this board and try to hurt his business...what exactly is your agenda?

As it shows by all the other posters, we've never had a problem...do a search, I bet your's will be the only complaint...which would lead us to believe where the problem actually lies...

sunnyhammock

Nov 16, 2003
I have never made a slur against Eddys business, its rather sad that you think I have some hidden agenda. I always thought this board was to give information to people coming here on holiday or to stay. We have had loads of useful information ourselves.

I am not a coward and am happy to go and speak to Eddy The problem does not lie with us at all and I'm sorry that you feel like that, as I said I'm only passing on mine and my friends opionions. We still go to Eddys and tell other people to go so its a shame that I'm not allowed to voice my views.