American Airlines will increase its operations in DR

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
AA will increase its offer to DR this summer.

NYC STI 4 daily
NYC SDQ 4 daily
NYC PUJ 1 DAILY
NYC POP 1 DAILY
MIA PUJ 12 WEEKLY
MIA SDQ 4 DAILY

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Well Done !

Good usable info here. The new MIA-SDQ flght is quite late though, leaving 7:30 p.m arriving 9:50 p.m. Better to arrive late the night before than lose the morning of the next day I suppose.

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
They Will Do What Jet Blue Does

Jimmydr said:
Maybe they will offer some more under $300 fares!

Don't expect discounts unless they have to match Jet Blue on the routes and so far it seems JB is not offering deals. When they do, AA matches the deals, waives change fees, to retain the market share. Also I wonder how well JB does in the freight side, since AA can run the A300's empty and profit on each flight just with cargo.

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
Except for One Tiny Thing.........

Jimmydr said:
Well if Jet Blue helps bring down AA $200 or more dollars then thats GREAT!

They don't seem to be doing that at all.

toneloc24

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
ricktoronto said:
Don't expect discounts unless they have to match Jet Blue on the routes and so far it seems JB is not offering deals. When they do, AA matches the deals, waives change fees, to retain the market share. Also I wonder how well JB does in the freight side, since AA can run the A300's empty and profit on each flight just with cargo.

Not trying to get back into this discussion, but here's a fact that I discovered yesterday for my trip in July.

Similar timeframes, same days, flying coach, no sale prices, all taxes and fees included

JetBlue - $380 (down from $440)
American $594 (up from $540)

Would love see the prices drop under $200 before taxes, but JB's regular prices ain't bad right now. Hopefully, they do force AA to lower their regular prices to match them, then still offer the AA Advantage Faresavers. Competition will be great for all of our pockets.

It's interesting that AA is now expanding its operations to RD. What? All of a sudden, did a new group of travelers just show up and demand added service? Is it suddenly easier for a Dominican to get a visa to travel?

Sounds to me like they're trying to flood the market now to combat the competition. AA's trying to defend it's turf. Whatever the case, there'll be some interesting prices this summer/fall. Let them battle, just be ready to catch the deals. Thanks Delta and JB!!!!

We win!!!

toneloc24

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
aviastar said:
for toneloc24

NYC SDQ 11JUL
SDQ NYC 19JUL

AA 391 USD with taxes
Jet Blue 399 USD webfare with taxes! :p

AviaStar-

If I were you or someone going to SDQ, I'd book that. But I'm not you, and that's not my schedule. Believe me, I could give a damn about AA or JetBlue. For some reason, you REALLY care about AA.

I'm flying into STI. Just checked regular fares ...again.

July 1st JFK-STI
July 7th STI-JFK

After tax totals (all are direct r/t webfares from JFK, except Continental)
AA to STI $634 USD
JetBlue to STI $380 USD

AA to SDQ $440 USD
Delta to SDQ $554 USD
JetBlue to SDQ $380 USD
Continental - Newark to SDQ $556 USD

AA to POP $490 USD
Continental - Newark to POP $536 USD

toneloc24

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
AA giving double miles to DR

Got this by e-mail from AA today. I may take advantage of it before the promotion ends, if the price is right. Be sure to register for it.

Again, we win.

"Fly between New York JFK and San Juan, Santiago or Santo Domingo and earn double miles! Each time you fly an American nonstop flight between these cities, you'll earn double AAdvantage miles from June 10 through August 31, 2004. To qualify, purchase a published fare ticket and be sure to register before you travel. Register online and view offer details at www.aa.com/offers using promotion code NYCDR."

Latino2002

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
REP DOM need to drop those high taxes.....wondering how much they charge for landing right, space and timen??? :alien:

Jimmydr

Bronze
Apr 17, 2003
www.insearchofchicas.org
toneloc24 said:
Got this by e-mail from AA today. I may take advantage of it before the promotion ends, if the price is right. Be sure to register for it.

Again, we win.

"Fly between New York JFK and San Juan, Santiago or Santo Domingo and earn double miles! Each time you fly an American nonstop flight between these cities, you'll earn double AAdvantage miles from June 10 through August 31, 2004. To qualify, purchase a published fare ticket and be sure to register before you travel. Register online and view offer details at www.aa.com/offers using promotion code NYCDR."

Thanks i just registered!