Denominations

HDCarl

Aug 3, 2002
I'm putting together the last arrangements for my upcoming vacation to Samana.

I plan on taking my funds as a combination of cash and travelers cheques.
My question is what denominations to carry for convenience and best exchange rate? I'm leaning toward $100's, but not sure if that is the best idea or if my cash and cheques should be different.

Also most or all of my vacation will be in the Samana/Las Galleras/Las Terrenas area. Any difficulty to be anticipated in cashing travelers cheques there?

Thanx

HDCarl

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
$100's are typical

That is about RD$5000 at a time which is a fair bit if you are in an AI, and a few days supply if not. If you think it might be too much at once bring $50's - they all cost the same if anythig. And there wil be enough cambios to change them.

stan chapman

Nov 28, 2002
In Las Galeras, just go to the cambio. Take your passport the first couple of times, then just keep the # on a piece of paper. Stan.
HDCarl said:
I'm putting together the last arrangements for my upcoming vacation to Samana.

I plan on taking my funds as a combination of cash and travelers cheques.
My question is what denominations to carry for convenience and best exchange rate? I'm leaning toward $100's, but not sure if that is the best idea or if my cash and cheques should be different.

Also most or all of my vacation will be in the Samana/Las Galleras/Las Terrenas area. Any difficulty to be anticipated in cashing travelers cheques there?

Thanx

HDCarl