Very Strange!

johnsr

Bronze
Apr 13, 2002
When I first started booking tickets on AA.com back in Feb. for my daughters wedding on Oct. 2nd the price was $460.90 JFK - POP, fares have dropped three times since, and are now $345.90 less 10% $321.90 P/P for wedding group rates.
Strange thing is the news media has been talking non stop about higher air fares due to oil prices and low and behold AA DROPS there fare yesterday! Go figure! :laugh:
John

toneloc24

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
Competition is great!!!!!

johnsr said:
When I first started booking tickets on AA.com back in Feb. for my daughters wedding on Oct. 2nd the price was $460.90 JFK - POP, fares have dropped three times since, and are now $345.90 less 10% $321.90 P/P for wedding group rates.
Strange thing is the news media has been talking non stop about higher air fares due to oil prices and low and behold AA DROPS there fare yesterday! Go figure! :laugh:
John

Thank the Delta, JetBlue, and other entries into the RD market that now has AA giving passengers honest fares. The gravy train of "gringo-izing" tourists flying into POP is coming to an end. There are other options now.

Sure, oil is way up now. By the way, JetBlue has a 40% inflation figure calculated into its business model (meaning they were prepared for the high oil price issue), meaning passengers will not feel the pain, as other airlines attempted to do by passing along fare hikes to combat the high cost of oil.

People are now looking elsewhere. AA has to match the fares of airlines coming here now, with better reputations. They're now attempting to defend their "turf."

These new-to-RD airlines are not flying into POP now, but in time, they will. Until then, AA is probably realizing that some people will fly into Santiago, and take that 1.5 hr ride to Puerto Plata or Sosua, as opposed to dealing with the customs shenanigans at POP, or the higher rates to come to POP. Sit back, open 3 or 4 internet windows, and shop away for the lowest price. Just like many other things in RD, it's a buyers market. JMO.

johnsr

Bronze
Apr 13, 2002
toneloc24 said:
Thank the Delta, JetBlue, and other entries into the RD market that now has AA giving passengers honest fares. or the higher rates . Sit back, open 3 or 4 internet windows, and shop away for the lowest price. Just like many other things in RD, it's a buyers market. JMO.

That is exactly what I do on almost a daily basis! :cool:
John

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
johnsr said:
That is exactly what I do on almost a daily basis! :cool:
John

Save all the money you can John, it will help you pay for my beers at the wedding ceremony!!!! - Let the GOOD times roll - Grahame.
PS. PM or E-Mail me if you haven't had the quotation from Maria yet!! She sent me a copy!

Jun 5, 2004
Ask For Money Back

If U Bought The Tickat And The Fare Has Decreased Ask For Ur Money Back They Have To Give U A Voucher

johnsr

Bronze
Apr 13, 2002
apdomini100max said:
If U Bought The Tickat And The Fare Has Decreased Ask For Ur Money Back They Have To Give U A Voucher

Better than a voucher!!!! I charged all the tickets on MY AA Advantage credit card so they will send me a check for all the tickets! :p I will put the money aside so that I can supply BushBaby with all the frio cerveza's that his British heart desires! :)
John

JDub

Apr 7, 2003
apdomini100max said:
Is this true with all airlines or just AA?

Jun 5, 2004
I know AA does it

JDub said:
Is this true with all airlines or just AA?

I knoe that AA does it and i think Delta too. Lets say someone like Aeromar will not be able to do it Porque ellos estan para que le den a ellos Lol

JDub

Apr 7, 2003
apdomini100max said:
I knoe that AA does it and i think Delta too. Lets say someone like Aeromar will not be able to do it Porque ellos estan para que le den a ellos Lol
oooootaaay gracias por el info

MaineGirl

The Way Life Should Be...
Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
Was reading Ma's AARP magazine. Said the best time to buy airfares was between 12 and 1 in the morning, whatever the home base airline time is!Anyone ever hear of this???? I am willing to try anything for a decently priced ticket. Just found out one of the Riveras (my host family's daughter) is getting hitched to a Brugal in August. This is one fieston I don't want to miss.

dontuseEltour

Feb 2, 2003
the 12 to 1 thing works because people put tickets on hold and at the end of every day the ones that are not purchased are put back into the sales pool ie the time working on your behalf.
AA will refund your credit card for any intenational flight price changes most other airline charge to do it. if internal flight a voucher is offered.
Buy direct and keep an eye on the price i've seen it change hourly.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
johnsr said:
Better than a voucher!!!! I charged all the tickets on MY AA Advantage credit card so they will send me a check for all the tickets! :p I will put the money aside so that I can supply BushBaby with all the frio cerveza's that his British heart desires! :)
John
They credited my card when I called for the refund. It is down to 305.40 RT for me today.

Scott

johnsr

Bronze
Apr 13, 2002
Escott said:
They credited my card when I called for the refund. It is down to 305.40 RT for me today.

Scott

Scott, What dates are you traveling? Both legs of mine are on Saturday which is always a "few" bucks more.
John