Airports

p1atan0

May 25, 2004
Santiago Rodriguez

Santiago Rodriguez is located right after Valverde Mao thats where ill be in 2 weeks wepaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!
My step father lives in Santiago Rodriguez. He owns the first pharmacy at the entrance of Santiago Rodriguez Saludame a Tonen.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Well, That's Great

p1atan0 said:
Santiago Rodriguez is located right after Valverde Mao thats where ill be in 2 weeks wepaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!
My step father lives in Santiago Rodriguez. He owns the first pharmacy at the entrance of Santiago Rodriguez Saludame a Tonen.

So since you know all that how about helping out the OP - which airport is closer - Santiago or Puerto Plata?

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Santiago's airport is closer. According to my Berndtson map, Santiago is 60 kilometers away from Mao, Puerto Plata is 75 kms. away. But you need to add to Puerto Plata's distance, another about 10 kms to get to the international airport. Thus, Santiago is definitely closer.

stewart

Mar 1, 2004
Not to mention...

It will be a lot easier to travel between Santiag and Santiago Roriguez. Even if STI weren't closer.

stewart

Mar 1, 2004
Correction

Jimmydr said:
Then POP airport is closer?

If you didn't notice my correction ( I am failing in my DR geography), Santiago Rodriguez is west of Sabaneta, which is west of Mao. It is probably pretty equal in distance to either airport. But if SDR was my final destination, I would much rather fly into STI. There are more services in Santiago and it would probably be easier to arrange trasportation.

Jimmydr

Bronze
Apr 17, 2003
www.insearchofchicas.org
stewart said:
If you didn't notice my correction ( I am failing in my DR geography), Santiago Rodriguez is west of Sabaneta, which is west of Mao. It is probably pretty equal in distance to either airport. But if SDR was my final destination, I would much rather fly into STI. There are more services in Santiago and it would probably be easier to arrange trasportation.

I did both drives many times. Either way it don't matter. I like Santiago airport better, its newer.

Jun 5, 2004
STI is CLOSER

cmedina07 said:
As already stated, Cibao (STI) is closer

Aeropuerto Internacional del CIbao is much closer to Valverde mao than Puerto Plata and the airport in Puerto Plata is not right in Puerto Plata after u get to Puerto Plata ahi es k ay k dar rueda and by the way el aeropuerto de Santiago esta de cache a nadie le gustaria viajar por POP a alguien ????????????????????????

p1atan0

May 25, 2004
Santiago Rodriguez

Jeannine,
Santiago International (STI) is closer to Santiago Rodriguez its an hour trip more or less.

When are you planning on going?

I leave on the 18th of this month and I come back on the 4th of July because I'll be in Mao on the 3rd of July celebrating "La Batalla De La Barranquita".