My best friend 1980 - 2004

tired_boy

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
My best friend died yesterday in a motorbike accident in the UK - aged 24.

We had just got back from the 'Dominican' (as he called it) last week. He was slightly apprehensive about going because it was his first time and a few people over here (who don't follow the news accurately) were telling him that the weather was really bad (the flooding) plus a few of the other misconceptions.

He got there..........he loved it............he wanted to stay...........we planned on going back in September. Now his 25 year old wife is left on her own.

We had an amazing holiday and loads and loads of laughs in our friendship. I don't entirely know why i am posting this, i suppose in a small way its helping me with the grief.

The DR cheered him and his wife up after having a few rough months here in the Uk prior to going. His wife will have all her memories of us having such a good time experiencing new things in a new country. I have been half a dozen times and talked about the DR so much that they eventually went. They are glad they did.

He will be dearly missed by the new friends he made over there and by all his family and his many friends he had over here. He literally was the life and soul of any occasion.

Life is too short, who knows might happen tomorrow?

- Simon

Last edited:

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Sorry to hear this sad news, tired_boy. My condolences to you and to his family.

Chiri

Dec 9, 2002
My condolences Simon, it's always hard to lose someone so young. But memories of the happy times you all had together will get you and his family through this sad sad time.
Take care
Pat

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
24 is too young to die

Simon: How sad for you to lose your friend that way.

At least your last few days together were full of happiness and good memories.

Our condolences to you and his family.

HB

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
It is very sad to hear someone was cut short at such a young age. I'm truly sorry for your loss.

chuckuindy

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
The soul would have no rainbows
If the eyes could shed no tears
The self could not know pleasure
If it saw no suffering through the years
There'd be no appreciation for love
If the heart was never broken
Kindness could not be special
If never a harsh word was spoken
Life would would not be precious
If death did not exist
For all the good we find in life
I'm grateful God knew all of this

baileyboy

Jun 27, 2004
so sad

I am soo sorry to hear of your loss. It is so hard when someone you are close too pass away, and it is unexpected. BUt you have nice memories that will help ease the pain of your loss. My deepest condolences and sympathy to you and your friends family.

Fiesta Mama

Bronze
Jan 28, 2004
Cherish your memories tired_boy... as you said "Life is too short, who knows might happen tomorrow". Be glad you were able to share such a wonderful holiday recently to the DR. My condolences to you.

gonzaga

Mar 19, 2002
Sorry to hear about your loss, Good memories to heal the pain and to be never forgotten.

quejeyoke

Jun 20, 2004
May your friend R.I.P.! he must have been a wonderful friend to have. I hope the memories of those good days you guys spent in DR relieve your grief. My condolences to you and his family.

LuvtheDR

Apr 4, 2004
I am so sorry to hear this news tired-boy. May your friend R.I.P. Losing a friend is never easy. My condolences to your family and his.

cjbrooks

Mar 21, 2004
Memories

I also lost a friend very suddenly and reading all these posts brought a tear to my eyes.

Be there for his wife if you can and cry together, it does help.

My condolences to you and his family and I feel for you in the hard times to come up to and including the funeral.

Caroline

tired_boy

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
Thanks for all the comments that have been made so far. It's going to be very hard for everyone for a long time. I have just been to his parents house and i am back on my way now to his in-laws house.

The holiday that we had in the DR is the top conversation, relating all the things we did and the fantastic time he had with his wife there! I'm going to find a good picture of himself and myself and see if i can get it in the DR1 gallery.

frank alvarez

Apr 13, 2004
My condolences

I, as everyone reading your post, have been touched by the tragic loss of your friend. Fortunately, you have the memories of the good times had
recently in the DR and that may be a bit of help. Hope his wife and the rest of his family come to visit us and experience what he experienced in the last days of his life.

This is only one more reminder that YESTERDAY IS DUST AND TOMORROW IS WIND. Live your life to the fullest each and every minute since we don't know when it all may suddenly end.

May GOD Bless!