Looking for English Speaking Employees in DR

National Health

Jul 6, 2004
US health and wellness company looking to set up call center in La Romana, DR. If you speak fluent, excellent English and you have what it takes to be an "appointment setter," or a manager, drop me an email so we can talk about it. Some sales experience is helpful. Computer skills a plus. Communication skills a must! Earn up to $12,000.00 US per year. Send me an e-mail at dsinger@nhwb.org or call (310) 231-3432. Ask for Doug.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
My question is, being an American company, would they understand "Fluent/Excellent English"?? Interesting that no Spanish requirement level was mentioned so they are obviously going to be concentrating on the Ex-Pat market & bugging US with loads of tele-marketing calls!! - Grahame.

Dec 9, 2002
Maybe they aren't going to bug the expats, maybe they are going to bug folks in the good ole US of A - $12K must be much much less than they would have to pay if they set up their call centre in the US. It could well be that they are doing what lots of UK companies are now doing with their call centres, except we move them all to Mumbai and employ graduates at a fraction of the cost.

Jerry K

Jan 1, 2002
India calling

In the states an increasing number of outgoing "dial & deal" telemarketing calls originate in India. Also companies are transferring their incoming sales calls to call centers in India.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
call center

Jerry K said:
In the states an increasing number of outgoing "dial & deal" telemarketing calls originate in India. Also companies are transferring their incoming sales calls to call centers in India.

The DR is starting be a thriving area for inbound call centers. Coupon rebates etc. Reason being its closer to the USA, thus no time zone problems. And wages are as cheap or cheaper than India.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I have no problem legitimate companies posting if they are offering "real" jobs here in the DR. It's the "I want a job" posts that get deleted.

Lurch

Aug 8, 2003
not quite true

bienamor said:
The DR is starting be a thriving area for inbound call centers. Coupon rebates etc. Reason being its closer to the USA, thus no time zone problems. And wages are as cheap or cheaper than India.

No, the wages are not lower than India. Standard wages in India for such a positions are about 1/3 of this offered wage. Time zone is a non issue since most of this work is simply adjusted for the time difference. Furthermore these people are generally better able to communicate with the North American market and recieve a great deal of additional training in slang.

Moca

Jul 1, 2004
BushBaby said:
My question is, being an American company, would they understand "Fluent/Excellent English"?? - Grahame.

Of course they would.

Moca

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Lurch said:
No, the wages are not lower than India. Standard wages in India for such a positions are about 1/3 of this offered wage. Time zone is a non issue since most of this work is simply adjusted for the time difference. Furthermore these people are generally better able to communicate with the North American market and recieve a great deal of additional training in slang.

currently not paying the above amount here! Web design programmers are getting about 500us per month. and call center employees here are getting around 66rd per hour. Time zone becomes a problem for communications within the contracting companies. We have hired about 200 people here in Santo Domingo, all english speaking, already current in US slang as most of them have either lived in the US or were born there.
He is giving an optimum amount due to commision sales. As I said we are more into coupon rebates etc. No sales.

T

TiberiusMineola

Why La Romana??

Aren't other potential DR locations superior? Re: English speaking Ex Pats &/or English speaking Dominicans? Just curious?

National Health

Jul 6, 2004
I've changed the location of the call center.....

to Santo Domingo. Many more English speaking people there. The reason for La Romana was because I have family there. The reason for my company opening a call center in the DR is 1) to save money as we grow and 2) to be close to my family.

Additionally, the reason I am offering more than the standard wage for this type of work, is simply that I want devoted loyal employees, who know that their employer is not just paying the least that they can get away with.

timelessdreams

Apr 5, 2004
Pm

National Health said:
to Santo Domingo. Many more English speaking people there. The reason for La Romana was because I have family there. The reason for my company opening a call center in the DR is 1) to save money as we grow and 2) to be close to my family.

Additionally, the reason I am offering more than the standard wage for this type of work, is simply that I want devoted loyal employees, who know that their employer is not just paying the least that they can get away with.

Doug,

I sent you a PM on this last week, regarding the management postion you are offering. Can you please respond?

Thanks,
Susie

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
DR telemarketing

The DR is ideal to outsource an english speaking telemarketing center. Not only are wages 20% of U.S. wages but there is a steady flow of American educated Dominicans deported back from New York every month. You just have to be careful not to hire the hardcore criminals.

SafireDream

Jul 5, 2004
National Health said:

Doug,

I sent you an e-mail requesting more information. Can you please respond or PM me.

Thanks!
Tata

mami

Mar 16, 2004
National Health said:

i applaud this attitude. good for you. and good luck. i would apply but i'm no longer moving there. (economy is bad)