Golfing In Dominican Republic

StephenRawling

Jul 12, 2004
As i stated in my last thread, i am staying at iberostar costa dorada for 2 weeks in september, can anyone help me with the names of local courses, i have heard bout playa grande and that it is supposedly the best course there, but are there any other courses and if so what sort of prices are they. I will be bringing my own magic wands (clubs) with me.

Also i have heard people talk about fedogolf cards, how much would one of those me for the 2 weeks, if i am able to get one that is.

Any help will be appreciated thanks again

Stephen

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
I play at Playa Dorada course which is virtually alongside Iberostar Costa Dorada. Green fees are approx. US $40 for 18, plus cart at US $8. Caddies are now optional, but reckon on US $9 (for the caddie insurance fund) plus a HEALTHY tip (RD $500 plus or US $15).

Other courses are - Playa Grande - 1 hour 20 minutes eastwards,
Las Aromas - Santiago - 1 hour 15 minutes southwards (Hillbilly country!!)
Jarabacoa - 2 hours southwards.
There are several other "rough" courses around but they are generally poorly watered & maintained!!

FedoGolf is RD $3,500, gives you ONE free round (excluding cart & caddies etc) at Playa Dorada, Dye Fore, Cocota, Guavaberry, Metro & Las Lagunas courses. I am a member & play at a few other courses with the FedoGolf discounts!! I am trying to determine their policy of issuing FedoGolf membership to people from outside the country right now (Friends of mine want to join) so if you want to drop me an e-mail, feel free to do so. I am always up to a game at Playa Dorada so when you come in, yell me & we can arrange a time, date for playing (as long as your handicap is not less than 12!!!!). - Grahame

Last edited:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Bring your wands

Me an ol' Bushy will be waiting. Who knows, maybe even ol' Bo ( Mr. PIB) will be available...

Santiago is the golfer's bargan. Pete Dye design, cheap--maybe $20 for the day...."Interesting" I think is the best description for the course.

But we'll play anywhere!...

HB :D

GreyGhost

Jun 4, 2003
Golf in August

Hey Hillbilly and Bushbaby,
I hope we can meet up and play around the middle of august. I should have my travel arrangements completed by the end of the week. Looking forward to it!

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Hillbilly said:
Me an ol' Bushy will be waiting. Who knows, maybe even ol' Bo ( Mr. PIB) will be available...

Santiago is the golfer's bargan. Pete Dye design, cheap--maybe $20 for the day...."Interesting" I think is the best description for the course.

AND, almost with ANYONE!!!

"INTERSTING"?????? I could think of a lot of other adjectives to describe that course on a bad day!!!! 70 plus on the first 9 is NOT a good round & lets you learn a completely new vocabulary!!!

So Y'all, drop us a line & let us show you the pleasures (& frustrations) of the local courses. Don't be shy ladies, HB & I are REAL men, polite & generous - to the TEE!!!!!! - Grahame!!

twhitehead

Bronze
Nov 1, 2003
Hillbilly said:

Hillbilly: Could you elaborate on your statement "interesting"? Your comment and the other ref a 70 + score on the front 9 has my interest peaked...thanks tom

sliverghost

May 22, 2003
It's Tee Time

Hey Bushbaby and Hillbilly,

Just purchased my ticket, you have time to hit the driving range or church whichever will help. Looking forward to cold beers and being able to find my golf ball. I hope we can hook up. I planning a couple of days in Santiago.

Total time on the North Coast, 11days/10 nights ,8/15-8/25

Have to make hotel plans now! Seems hard to get a response from hotels down there. Business that good?

See you soon!
Chris