Separate Titles?

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Fabio,

My wife and I are entertaining the thought of investing into new rental property, six apartments/condos. We would like to collaborate with two investors who are interested in order acquire the common land and a residence they can live in; four units for us and one unit for each of them.

This is prior to the land purchase and construction, so we need to be informed of the legal procedure to obtain titles for each unit. Is a special permit is required to authorize the construction of a apartment/condo complex on order to allow the separate titled units?

Regards,
PJT

Fabio J. Guzman

DR1 Expert
Jan 1, 2002
www.drlawyer.com
The requirements are the following: (a) land should have a "deslinde" and (b) approved plans for the construction. After that, contact your lawyer who will proceed to submit a petition to the Superior Land to have the property and its improvements declared a condominium.

TCIDR

Sep 7, 2003
would you be able to get an 'outline' planning approval after acquisition, but before any clearing of the land whatsoever?

timelessdreams

Apr 5, 2004
PJT said:
Fabio,

My wife and I are entertaining the thought of investing into new rental property, six apartments/condos. We would like to collaborate with two investors who are interested in order acquire the common land and a residence they can live in; four units for us and one unit for each of them.

This is prior to the land purchase and construction, so we need to be informed of the legal procedure to obtain titles for each unit. Is a special permit is required to authorize the construction of a apartment/condo complex on order to allow the separate titled units?

Regards,
PJT

PJT,

Please PM or e-mail me with details if you are still looking for investors in this project.

Thanks!
Susie