For the women : Which would you find more hurtful?

DRgirlatheart

Sep 20, 2003
All of this talk about men and prostitution got me thinking...

which would I find more hurtful...if my husband were in the DR and used the services of one of the many prostitutes that are readily available, or if he were having a romantic relationship with another woman, either here or in the DR?

Personally, I think both would hurt, and I am sure it would depend on the situation, but I suppose that if I had to choose between the 2, it would likely hurt less if it were a purely physical thing with a prostitute (obviously, as long as he was protecting both himself and me from any disease), and it was not affecting the intimacy between us (ie creating emotional distance).

Mind you, I have been lucky in that I have never had to deal with this situation, but I have a feeling that I would be less accepting if there were an emotional attachment along with the physical betrayal.

If I have the choice, I would rather we remain faithful to each other, though.

Just curious, do the other women feel the same way?

Regards.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Definitely an emotional attachment would hurt more.
If we could accept the fact that men ( not all men) are just different in the way they think about sex it wouldn't be so hard for us to get it. No pun intented.

Dec 9, 2002
I have to agree, a romantic attachment to another woman I think I would find very difficult - if not impossible - to forgive. Sex with a prostitute I would also find hard to forgive, but probably less so. As has been discussed many many times on this board, most men can have sex without any emotional attachment, most women will only have sex with an emotional attachment. Just one of the many things that makes us all different I suppose ;)

Indie

Bronze
Nov 15, 2002
which would I find more hurtful...if my husband were in the DR and used the services of one of the many prostitutes that are readily available, or if he were having a romantic relationship with another woman, either here or in the DR?
I would find it more hurtful if my husband went with a prostitute from Cuba, Thailand, the Philippines, the Netherlands, or Brazil.

Last edited:

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
My, what a hard choice. I guess I agree that the emotional one would hurt me more. However, I could only forgive once - it could have been a mistake, maybe he fell and landed on her or something, but the second time, he should have known better...

baileyboy

Jun 27, 2004
prostitute vs loving another women

I would have to say the prostitue one would be harder to digest and forgive. I don't agree with both, but I could deal with a prostitute as opposed to another women he was in love in with. But either way, I wouldn't be impressed! :bunny:
lisa

deelt

Bronze
Mar 23, 2004
In either case he is putting my life on the line. A condom cannot protect from all STD keeping it in your pants does. This also applies vice versa.
D

Marianopolita

Former Spanish forum Mod 2010-2021
Dec 26, 2003
Both would bother me tremendously

This is a very interesting question and honestly I would not be able to tolerate either scenario. In a relationship I think both parties have to learn to tolerate many situations but for me infidelity along with physical and alcohol abuse would push me off the edge. Hopefully, I will never have to face any of the scenarios because nowadays there's just too much at risk.

LD.

Last edited:

Bugsey34

Bronze
Feb 15, 2002
Talldrink said:
My, what a hard choice. I guess I agree that the emotional one would hurt me more. However, I could only forgive once - it could have been a mistake, maybe he fell and landed on her or something, but the second time, he should have known better...

LOL. Exactly, Talldrink!

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
What a boring thread. Can't you women find something more serious to worry about? No wonder you all suffer from headaches. Maybe you all deserve it. Hehehehehehe

andrea9k

Apr 17, 2004
Talldrink said:

Forgive once, and you are done...

Put his freakn stuff out of the window!!!

IF, it was a mistake, he will be begging your pardon. Make him SUFFER! thats the way it works, AND if he gets to fall and land over other woman again, chop his freaking peepee and put it out of the window with all his stuff!!!

Long life to Lorena!!!

Jess

Tracy

Jan 23, 2004
both hurt......

I was married 10 yrs and had to deal more or less with both of these. Now divorced for 3 years, it will always have an impact on me and how I will deal with realtionships. The hurt is there, but it's the self doubt that has been the hardest to overcome. But it was the lack of communication and trust that was a bigger issue. As time goes by, you just stop trying. No matter how many times I questioned, the response was the same. He always said nothing was going on, but my gut feeling was there was.

tracy

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
andrea9k said:
Forgive once, and you are done...

Put his freakn stuff out of the window!!!

IF, it was a mistake, he will be begging your pardon. Make him SUFFER! thats the way it works, AND if he gets to fall and land over other woman again, chop his freaking peepee and put it out of the window with all his stuff!!!

Long life to Lorena!!!

Jess

AZB - I think Andrea 9 has a headache! - OUCH JESS!!

My goodness - What did he do to you!!

mami

Mar 16, 2004
both would end almost any relationship

1. the prostitute thing would eat away at me (i would want to vomit everytime he kissed me or touched me)

2. the affair would be the obvious

andrea9k

Apr 17, 2004
Talldrink said:
AZB - I think Andrea 9 has a headache! - OUCH JESS!!

My goodness - What did he do to you!!

What do you do when your pet pees everywhere but on the place you have prepared for? You just say "nice puppy, don't do it again?"

You always can do as you didn't see anything -as most dominican women do-... but then "pee" starts stinking...

Unfaithfulness, no matter how many times, with whom, where, or when is THE turn-off to me.

There are people who prefer slow death .... I prefer a quick one.

Jess

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
The stupid guys get caught and often break down under pressure from wives and confess. I say, guys don't trust your women, just never admit to anything. I don't care how much she tries to convince you that she will forgive you and move on, never admit to anything. This confession will haunt you for the rest of your life.
My advice, just don't get caught.
Women will never understand that almost all guys will cheat if the risks are low and there is a chance they will get away clean cut. In case of DR, the girls are simply too cute to simply pass them by and stick to a relationship where the fat old wives is running the show in the house and making stupid decisions for everyone. Most american women lose their shape after they get married and become a Fuji blimp. You think we married you becuase we were in love with your mind? Men get involved in relationships for sex and beauty. When her body is gone and she becomes a fat cow who lays there like a carpet in the bed, oh and not to mention, becomes a mega bit*H, we quickly lose interest. the only reason they are still with her because we are not prepared to lose everything we got, house, kids etc. The american law protects the women and thats why you women act the way you do. If you cheat around, we don't think about cutting up your vigina into pieces but you women are so quick to cut off our organ. You see how evil you women are deep down? No wonder so many men come to DR looking to extra marrital action. I often feel very obliged and honored to help them find the right girl to cheat with, and in style.
So men, just don't get caught and enjoy your life.
AZB

mami

Mar 16, 2004
Ah Ha Ahah

AZB said:
The stupid guys get caught and often break down under pressure from wives and confess. I say, guys don't trust your women, just never admit to anything. I don't care how much she tries to convince you that she will forgive you and move on, never admit to anything. This confession will haunt you for the rest of your life.
My advice, just don't get caught.
Women will never understand that almost all guys will cheat if the risks are low and there is a chance they will get away clean cut. In case of DR, the girls are simply too cute to simply pass them by and stick to a relationship where the fat old wives is running the show in the house and making stupid decisions for everyone. Most american women lose their shape after they get married and become a Fuji blimp. You think we married you becuase we were in love with your mind? Men get involved in relationships for sex and beauty. When her body is gone and she becomes a fat cow who lays there like a carpet in the bed, oh and not to mention, becomes a mega bit*H, we quickly lose interest. the only reason they are still with her because we are not prepared to lose everything we got, house, kids etc. The american law protects the women and thats why you women act the way you do. If you cheat around, we don't think about cutting up your vigina into pieces but you women are so quick to cut off our organ. You see how evil you women are deep down? No wonder so many men come to DR looking to extra marrital action. I often feel very obliged and honored to help them find the right girl to cheat with, and in style.
So men, just don't get caught and enjoy your life.
AZB

THIS WAS SO FUNNY. DID YOU AN MS. BOBBIT HAVE A RUN IN OR SOMETHING? ALL I CAN SAY IS A DOG THAT LAYS WITH FLEES.............. YOU KNOW THE REST.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Here we go again! AZB when you see the words "For the women" do you see yourself on that side? :laugh: :laugh:

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
Now, I dont know if you were directing your reply to Andrea only because she was the only one who responded in this way (she probably needs her own thread to describe her remarks and anger - sounds like another show or something).

The question asked was if we HAD to choose, most of us admitted how hard it would be to choose one, we all said somehow we would forgive, nobody else is cutting a thing - I know I'm NOT!

Now, this is a VERY personal choice and a very HARD one to make or to generilize this way. It is not easy to make such a harsh decision overnight (or in one post) when so many factors have to be taken into cosideration (years of marriage, companionship, kids, posessions, history, LOVE, etc). Honestly, I will cross that bridge when I get there. This goes both ways.

Is almost like what you say you will do if you get robbed or something... you never know until it really happens and you are faced with it right then and there.

Last edited by a moderator:

Marianopolita

Former Spanish forum Mod 2010-2021
Dec 26, 2003
TD- I hear you.

I am with you all the way. Your response is justified. There is no way you can lay all the circumstances on the table in one thread nor should you have to. It is a "hypothetical question" thus deserving a "hypothetical" response. Who knows what anyone would do if faced with such a situation. You don't need to justify your response any further.

LD.

Talldrink said:
Now, I dont know if you were directing your reply to Andrea only because she was the only one who responded in this way (she probably needs her own thread to describe her remarks and anger - sounds like another show or something).

The question asked was if we HAD to choose, most of us admitted how hard it would be to choose one, we all said somehow we would forgive, nobody else is cutting a thing - I know I'm NOT!

Now, this is a VERY personal choice and a very HARD one to make or to generilize this way. It is not easy to make such a harsh decision overnight (or in one post) when so many factors have to be taken into cosideration (years of marriage, companionship, kids, posessions, history, LOVE, etc). Honestly, I will cross that bridge when I get there. This goes both ways.

Is almost like what you say you will do if you get robbed or something... you never know until it really happens and you are faced with it right then and there.

Last edited: