passport or tourist card ?

spiderman

Jun 17, 2002
Im thinking of traveing to the dr soon but my passport is going to expire shortly , my question is can i just buy a tourist card at the airport and forget about using a passport? I was born in dr but iam now an us citizen

Lechero

Aug 11, 2004
Tacano

How do you plan on getting back into the United States?
Spend the whopping $55 and renew your passport.
Unless you are a "dual" citizen, I do not see your option.

linamia

"an unexamined life is not worth living"
Jan 2, 2002
www.pascual5designs.com
As a naturalized citizen, you do not have to purchase a tourist card if you were borned in the DR. However, you do need to proof your legal status. If you choose not to travel with a passport, then you need your naturalization certificate and a state issue ID. Good Luck.

spiderman said:
Im thinking of traveing to the dr soon but my passport is going to expire shortly , my question is can i just buy a tourist card at the airport and forget about using a passport? I was born in dr but iam now an us citizen

spiderman

Jun 17, 2002
lol

The situation in DR is too bad for me to take the risk of immigration living me there :p the renewal for my passpoert is apperantly $115 though, that sucs.

Lechero

Aug 11, 2004
Renewal

It's $55 to renew a US passport, according to their website,if you are indeed a US Citizen. If you have a plane ticket you can get a "Rushed" renewal within a week. US dept of Immigration will not let you back in the USA without it. The renewal is good for 10 years. Go ahead see what happens in immigration my friend.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Spiderman,

It would be in your best interest to renew the passport.

Regards,
PJT

Argo

*** Sin Bin ***
Aug 5, 2004
US PAssport Fees

spiderman said:
The situation in DR is too bad for me to take the risk of immigration living me there :p the renewal for my passpoert is apperantly $115 though, that sucs.

I am a "dual" citizen and just renewed my US Passport.

The fees are as follows:

Standard renewal $55.00
7-11 day expedited $115.00
4-6 Day expedited $155.00
24 hour expedited $215.00

A>

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
How about this

Get a Dominican passport, too.

You don't really have to renew your American passport. It is still a great "Proof of Citizenship" even if expired just recently.

With a passport you always have protection of your citizenship and that is important.

And if you get a Dominican passport while you are here, you leave here as a Dominican and go into the States as an American..no hassle either way...

Papa HB