Cost of driver with his own car at North Coast

locofoto

Aug 18, 2004
Hi!
I'm a professional photographer and am working on a project about the DR. In order to get around and have some help in finding good locations to take photographs I thought about hiring a driver.

One guy offered me his 1988 Mitsubishi minivan and his time for RD$10,000 for his time and RD$5,000 for the car "rent". Gas used on the trips would go extra.

The project is long-term and I need this service for an average about 10 to 15 days a month.

Good deal? Or something to watch out for?

locofoto

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Let's see:

You are talking about a little less than $30 dollaras a day for transportation, guide, and driver.

Unless this is a daily fee!!!!!

I'd say, off the top of my head that this is pretty good.

Even if you add andother $30 dollars for food and gas it's a bargain, and I can't believe you will eat or use that much gasoline..

HB :D:D:D

mislarimar

Nov 19, 2004
www.adventuretour.net
We ( family of 5 grownups and one child) need a car with driver for 3 weeks ( from 08-07-2005 untill 29-07-2005).We are staying in sosua( casa linda villa).We need a driver to go to santo domingo( for our residency) and driving to hotels in puerto plata,cabarette and sosua area.
Anybody have some adresses or prices please email me at

sabrina.snyers@pandora.be

thanks alot!

swake

Oct 27, 2002
mislarimar said:
We ( family of 5 grownups and one child) need a car with driver for 3 weeks ( from 08-07-2005 untill 29-07-2005).We are staying in sosua( casa linda villa).We need a driver to go to santo domingo( for our residency) and driving to hotels in puerto plata,cabarette and sosua area.
Anybody have some adresses or prices please email me at

sabrina.snyers@pandora.be

thanks alot!
1/ a week ago it was you, your parents and your 7yr old kid, in another thread it was 4 adults + your son and hey, here's number six on the block! Do you clone yourselve?
2/ why care for a driver for 3 weeks? As mentioned in the other thread you will have to accomodate him on +1day trips. As you are contemplating to move over you should at least be somewhat familiar with the rules of the road, so why not rent a car and do your own driving?

HJVERA

Mar 27, 2004
www.hjvera.com
Armando speaks both English and Spanish

You might want to try my buddy Armando. He speaks both English and Spanish and can be reasonable with long term assignments. He lives in the Sosua area and has his own late model car. Call him at 809-752-4852. Tell him I said hello.

locofoto

Aug 18, 2004
Beware of them

Beware of any Dominican driver. After several months using the service of this guy - Ramon - we found out he wanted some cut of our projects profit and we had to fire him. His revenge was to talk bad about us and trying to screw our project.

Don't trust anybody here. They smile, are always friendly and show you the bible they are carrying in the car and recite from it. They help getting the better price for goods. But in the end they get envy on you and what your doing.

Our driver even tried to immitate me for a few weeks!