Hey, Im new here, anybody can come and help me start a topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

haitianobeisbol

Snap... Arrrrrr!
Aug 28, 2004
Hey im new to this site but im familiar with it from reading the posts. I dont know how to start my own topic so i have to post it here. (sorry im not talkin about whatever you all were talkin bout. Anywayz let me explain a lil bout myself first with the screen name. Im 17 and yea i am haitian and yea i play baseball (an extremely rare case) and im good at it (even rarer for haitians). I played high school ball and i just started college in which im gonna join the team. I was born here in New York. I come here because this website is interesting and i love the dominican people(especially the women) and the music and culture ya bring. Ya also have the same passion for baseball that i do. Im very familiar with ya because where i live is alot of dominicans, my best friends are dr and pr mixed, i took up spanish in HS and know some, my school had alot of dominicans, and i love merengue and bachata. I even dance it when i go to spanich parties. I have also been to DR for a week when i spent my summer in Haiti. We drove by car form Port-au-Prince to Santo Domingo (Capital to La Capital :p). I loved it over there. People even think im dominican when they first ask what i am. Even dominicans think i am. If you want to see my pic maybe some of ya can see it and tell me what you think. Maybe cuz im light brown skinned(in the winter anyway, since im always in the sun playin ball, im darker now) and i dont have a real haitian or african lookin face. And most of my family is light or tan brown skinned. I know creole and alot about haitian history and culture just as well as DR so im not gonna bring ignorant and dumb stuff on here to post. WELL THATS MY SPEECH, DAMN ITS KINDA LONG BUT IM HERE, SO HOLLA!!!!!!!

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
What Topic, Actually?

Ken said:
You have started a topic.

Well he wrote a lot of words but I don't think there is something to respond to, no POV, opinion, question, etc.

So haitianobeisbol, other than the background what do you want to say, ask, or comment about?

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
First off, and not to denegrate you, but---

you really need to work on your English. Stop talking "street talk". Most of us here don't really care for it.
And, PLEASE, don't take that remark as being malicious. It was not and is not intended as such; merely some unsollicited advise intended to help you 'fit in' with society both here and in the US.
Continue posting and bear in mind that the subject of this board is about the Dominican Republic. You might expand on your visit(s) to the DR as a start.

Texas Bill

haitianobeisbol

Snap... Arrrrrr!
Aug 28, 2004
Texas Bill said:
you really need to work on your English. Stop talking "street talk". Most of us here don't really care for it.
And, PLEASE, don't take that remark as being malicious. It was not and is not intended as such; merely some unsollicited advise intended to help you 'fit in' with society both here and in the US.
Continue posting and bear in mind that the subject of this board is about the Dominican Republic. You might expand on your visit(s) to the DR as a start.

Texas Bill

OK, and im not talking "street". I didnt take any offence but when i write on the computer while chatting its easier to and faster to shorten words e.g. (talkin' instead of talking) And please,,, What do you mean nobody cares for it. Does it really hurt to read slang or bad spelling here? The internet is like the street cuz (because) there are so many different people here and there is no reason in chat rooms and messege boards to be formal. Nah Sayin? (Do you comprehend what i am trying to say?)

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
In answer to your statement---

about 'street talk' and my commentary regarding same, it behooves us all to practice correct language structure when ever and where ever possible. Not to detract from your stand (and i really don't want to sound condescending), but I have found that the more clearly i express my ideas, the less likelyhood I will be misunderstood. And believe me, I've suffered through that only recently.
I'm being subjective about not caring for the use of 'street talk', sorry, didn't mean to offend.
You are correct in your summation of the uses of abreviations, etc. on chat boards.

Mea Culpa.

Texas Bill

haitianobeisbol

Snap... Arrrrrr!
Aug 28, 2004
Yup

Texas Bill said:
about 'street talk' and my commentary regarding same, it behooves us all to practice correct language structure when ever and where ever possible. Not to detract from your stand (and i really don't want to sound condescending), but I have found that the more clearly i express my ideas, the less likelyhood I will be misunderstood. And believe me, I've suffered through that only recently.
I'm being subjective about not caring for the use of 'street talk', sorry, didn't mean to offend.
You are correct in your summation of the uses of abreviations, etc. on chat boards.

Mea Culpa.

Texas Bill

No, i was never offended and you are right about that if you want to be punctual as much as possible and there is nothin wrong with lettin' (letting) loose online. I have the abilty to be on the street and talk to my friends any "ghetto" way and talk very polite and puntual when i go to school and talk to my proffesors.

MaineGirl

The Way Life Should Be...
Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
holla-ing

Don't worry, we have no professors here ;).

It's a message board for/about a particular community.

You fall under the umbrella in a vague way. I'm sure if you linger long enough you'll either a: become a sankie b: marry up/down c:learn how people like their country to be addressed or d: use this place for practical info.

There's no race talk (check it), US politics, or too much religion. Plenty of whoring, correction of speech and grammar, that's the base level. If you want to learn about Dominican culture, I can only suggest a visit or a lifetime. If you want to learn about DR1 culture, well....

PS. You haven't said what you study, what position you play in beisbol?

eudi

*** Sin Bin ***
May 7, 2004
damn whats good in this place?

people you all need to calm down what ta fuuuck with the treatment you all are giving to some one that is talking nice about DR in this site.
thats wrong moothers fuuuckers.
haitianobeisbol , i feel you .and thanks for you love to our people and country and music.
thanks .
keep playing baseball i know you can make it and be one of the first to make it from haiti.

peace out .

bochinche

Bronze
Jun 19, 2003
what a great topic.
not only that - but started off by a 17 year old (i'm not sure we should be talking about 'whoring'), which helps brings the average age of the posters on this board from the 70 year olds down to somewhere nearer my age.

i was sorry to hear that your upbringing didn't include supporting manchester utd, arsenal or any other team of the people's sport. i often visit haiti just to get my fix of football in the real world.
haitians, unlike dominicans really know their sports (if football was here along with the girls and beaches, the d.r. would be another brazil - we can't have everything i suppose). at least it doesn't seem to have affected you much and you manage to look on the positive side.

you should be offended by the remarks about your grammar, 'street english', etc. the people who make these criticisms are mostly dirty old men with nothing else to do, but moan (at least you did receive an apology).
you write what you want and however you want it - don't worry if your posts get deleted.
most important of all, don't start using words like 'behoove' or 'summation',
1. because, this doesn't show a higher level of education as you may think (it does, in fact, poorly disguise the lack of a good one).
2. until you know how to spell relatively easier (to understand) words like 'likelihood', 'abbreviations' and 'unsolicited advice'.

i would, in fact like to read some of this street english - it usually comes to santo domingo one way or another, but in such a form that it is almost unintelligible. i once talked to a shoe-shine boy in english, who told me his cousin is in new york. it was very difficult to understand a lot of it, but he kept throwing in the words 'awesome' and 'dude' - if my knowledge of street english was better, i'm sure i could have understood what was 'awesome' and who the hell the 'dude' was.

bad bochinche ....in da house.....y'all!

haitianobeisbol

Snap... Arrrrrr!
Aug 28, 2004
MaineGirl said:
Don't worry, we have no professors here ;).

It's a message board for/about a particular community.

You fall under the umbrella in a vague way. I'm sure if you linger long enough you'll either a: become a sankie b: marry up/down c:learn how people like their country to be addressed or d: use this place for practical info.

There's no race talk (check it), US politics, or too much religion. Plenty of whoring, correction of speech and grammar, that's the base level. If you want to learn about Dominican culture, I can only suggest a visit or a lifetime. If you want to learn about DR1 culture, well....

PS. You haven't said what you study, what position you play in beisbol?

Im taking Electrical Engineering and im a Secondbaseman

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
haitianobeisbol said:

Forgetting all the street talk stuff, etc., what is the point you are trying to make, in the original post - seriously? And if you are taking EE presumably outside of high school, tryto do a bit better job of making it readable - not the spelling and street language per se, though that doesn't make it more intelligent, really, just break it up so your audience can read it better.

chuckuindy

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
Me again

bochinche said:
which helps brings the average age of the posters on this board from the 70 year olds down to somewhere nearer my age.

you should be offended by the remarks about your grammar, 'street english', etc. the people who make these criticisms are mostly dirty old men with nothing else to do, but moan
bad bochinche ....in da house.....y'all!

Why is it that all of these threads always mention me?
Charlie

Where is Lambada? Sorry I forgot to mention the Dominican in my replay.

Last edited:

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
haitianobeisbol said:

How "Shocking". I always thought a second base man was a singer with a very deep voice?? That is certainly what I was called in the choir in England ...... a second bass man!! - Grahame.

susie x

Jan 17, 2004
Wow!

eudi said:
people you all need to calm down what ta fuuuck with the treatment you all are giving to some one that is talking nice about DR in this site.
thats wrong moothers fuuuckers.
haitianobeisbol , i feel you .and thanks for you love to our people and country and music.
thanks .
keep playing baseball i know you can make it and be one of the first to make it from haiti.

peace out .

WOW!!!

haitianobeisbol

Snap... Arrrrrr!
Aug 28, 2004
ricktoronto said:
Forgetting all the street talk stuff, etc., what is the point you are trying to make, in the original post - seriously? And if you are taking EE presumably outside of high school, tryto do a bit better job of making it readable - not the spelling and street language per se, though that doesn't make it more intelligent, really, just break it up so your audience can read it better.

REALLY. COME ON, WAS IT THAT DIFFICULT TO READ? IF YOU CAN READ THAN YOU CAN UNDERSTAND WHAT I WROTE. ARE YOU SURE YOU'RE NOT LIKE A COLLEGE PROFFESOR IN ENGLISH AND YOU SPEAK AND WRITE IT 100% CORRECTLY AND GET MAD WHEN YOU HEAR OR READ BAD GRAMMAR. I THINK NOT. SO MY POINT IS CHILL OUT. ITS NOT A BIG DEAL.

ELin3pi2!

May 26, 2004
What is going on here

Ok, I don't know how most of you here feel about this, but on a personal note, I think some people have been extremely unfair with haitianobeisbol. First of all I do understand the need of clear communication, but come on it wasn't all that bad. I don't see any camaraderie towards someone new who besides introducing himself, needed help starting his own threads. Yes he posted one, but maybe just like me doesn't know exactly how he did it. I still don't know how to start up my own but when I do I know what can be a good thread just by looking at how people treat others around here.

MaineGirl

The Way Life Should Be...
Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
haitianobeisbol said:

Engineering is an excellent field.

What's your favorite baseball team, and do you have a favorite Dominican player? I love the Red Sox and luckily it's chock full of Dominicans or Dominican Yorks or whatever people are calling Manny, Pedro, and David these days. I am not a big fan of Alex Rodriguez but the truth is once the Olympics started I started slacking on my baseball and I coudn't even tell you how far the Yankees are ahead of the Sox right now.

Bochinche..:) Street talk is fine, it doesn't always translate well online. Now text messaging and chatting are methods of virtual street talk and that's a whole other ballgame. I like hearing it all (reading it all?) since it is nice to be able to understand people, and I see no reason to make people speak my language when I can just as well speak theirs :).

We had this debate before about high and low spanish. Maybe we should do one on high and low English.

Anyways back to haitianobeisbol, welcome and don't pay attention to people you can't stomach, that is why this board has an ignore function.

Dec 9, 2002
Yes, what IS going on here?

This young dude (yeah, I can talk the talk too when I choose), posts to tell us he is a haitian baseball player
and yea i am haitian
Actually, he's a young American student who also plays baseball. Next thing you know, everybody is down each other's throats (so to speak ;) ).
thats wrong moothers fuuuckers
Actually, that's wrong - it was totally uncalled for language.
....... needed help starting his own threads. Yes he posted one, but maybe just like me doesn't know exactly how he did it
He managed it in several different forums though.

So, what is the point to this thread????

BTW - Grahame - your "shocking" comment was very very funny, I'm still laughing

Status
Not open for further replies.