Help with Police - Cancilleria Procedures

andrea9k

Apr 17, 2004
Hi all

I would like someone to help me with a Police-Cancilleria procedure. I am peruvian, living in the DR for 6 years now (legal permanent resident). I need a peruvian police certificate to make some paperwork in the american embassy.

I requested that certificate in Peru, they sent me a form, to be fulfilled in front of the dominican police authority. Procedure is easy, just fingerprints to be taken in front of the dominican police to state those are my fingerprints, write my address and signature and then have the police authority signature and seal. After that, legalization in Cancilleria and then in Peruvian Consulate and finally send it back to Peru to proceed.

I went to the Palacio de la Policia on tuesday morning, after 4 hours of them to be discussing who is going to take my fingerprints (they said there were no policemen available to take my fingerprints twice), asking if I have a presentation card of someone inside and all kind of unprofessional behavior, they fulfilled the form, and had the document signed.

Wednesday morning, I went to the Cancilleria to have it legalized, the girl who checks signatures, said that signature is not valid, it is not registered in her database. Ok, I explained her what this paper was for, when i realized she was not even looking at me, I asked her whose signature should i get in the police station to make sure she would has it in her database. She said, thats something you have to find out... bueno!...

I went back to the Police Station, Archivo Central, where they took my fingerprints, and asked who has a signature registered in Cancilleria, they said "El Coronel". I gave them the fingerprints form, 2 more hours waiting... At midday, one guy came out saying "El Coronel" does not sign documents after midday, please come back tomorrow morning.

I called my lawyer and asked his help, he came and said something to the cop in the door and finally, 30 minutes later we were received by "El Coronel". He explained us he is new in the position (I do understand that), he recognised he is still not familiar with the procedures there (I do understand that) and the last big problem, his signature is not registered in the Cancilleria yet (bueno!). He said he was going to send a communication to Cancilleria yesterday. And asked us to come back today to pick the form signed by him.

This morning, "El Coronel" was in a meeting, my lawyer asked if the communication to Cancilleria was sent yesterday, cops looked at each other and one said, communication is writen but it is not signed yet. After 2 hours "El Coronel" sent my form out, signed and sealed and said the communication about his signature was already sent (didnt say when).

My lawyer went to Cancilleria, but they said they have not received any communication about registering Police signatures. They looked several times among papers they receive daily and nothing. They said since change of government just Salud Publica has requested signatures registry.

After all the experience with the police station here, I am seriously doubting such communication even exists. Does anyone here knows someone in the Police/Government who can help to make sure this communication exists and has been sent to Cancilleria???

Thanks!!!

Jess :bunny:

pescador

Apr 19, 2004
Hello Andrea9k.

Maybe you can send an email to the gov. at www.presidencia.gov.do
Maybe you can find someone there in that department and can help.
But don't write them such a long letter as you have above. They prefer things short and to the point. :cross-eye

Let them know that this "red-tape" is effecting the country on an international level or something to that degree. ;) You know, some spice in the soup, something to make them want to push a little harder and not just toss your email in the toilet. As we say in the good 'ol usa, Bull **** them a little. jijijiji

signed:
the masked man know as El Pescador :bandit: Champion of peasants everywhere

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Or

Ask the people at the Cancilleria what officer IS on the list and STILL in the service then get HIM to sign the paper. I'm sure that Leonel must have kept some of those guys... Just a thought.

bienvenido

Sep 5, 2004
Romancing the stone

Welcome to DR! I don?t want to tell you this, and with all due respect to Dominicans and non Dominicans reading this thread, but your problem sound like a piece of cake to me,and you making it sound like a international affair case. May be you just not getting the message...$$$?. Starting from the girl who told you "bueno"..$$$.?... In my opinion , if I would be paying a lawyer and he didn?t have my paperworks within a couple of days, I 'd fire him. Remember the girl who told "bueno..." she was trying to send you a message. Why didn?t you get it dude?..... Look, I respect your desire for doing thing right but, I could imagine that girl saying " Mira tu firmame estos papeles, pero ya!.. que son del novio de mi hermana pa la residencia. Tu sabe que con eso americano no se juega". Bingo! Listen!, you?ve been here 6 long years....... you should know the deal. The GOV is making an effort to solve that problem , but the true of the matter is that 500 years of corruption can be broken by a Peruvian man residing in DR. Hey ! "no enllave" ... $$$$. Otherwise, tie your shoes and run with Feliz Sanchez for the world record in the 500 hundreds mile dash with hurdles.. Please, don?t mis interpret me, I?m against corrupci?n but, until then, you and I are nobody to change the system. Good luck!

I

Last edited:

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
Yeah you will keep getting the runaround until somebody gets a payoff. It is impossible to be a government official or employee in the DR without being dirty, so go and ask them who's "hand you need to wet" to get your stuff done. My guess would be the girl legalizing it. If you were anything but @ss-kissing when you talked to her the first time, send someone else the second time, since if she has developed an attitude towards you it will cost you extra.

bienvenido

Sep 5, 2004
clientelismo

Hi!

You absolutely right. However, when you need something done right of way that is the only way to go. It wil take times to fix that, but In the the mean time is the politic of "clientelismo" or the politic of L.A. countries.

andrea9k

Apr 17, 2004
pescador said:
Hello Andrea9k.

Maybe you can send an email to the gov. at www.presidencia.gov.do
Maybe you can find someone there in that department and can help.
But don't write them such a long letter as you have above. They prefer things short and to the point. :cross-eye

Let them know that this "red-tape" is effecting the country on an international level or something to that degree. ;) You know, some spice in the soup, something to make them want to push a little harder and not just toss your email in the toilet. As we say in the good 'ol usa, Bull **** them a little. jijijiji

signed:
the masked man know as El Pescador :bandit: Champion of peasants everywhere

Thanks honey... I will write them.

I still think I need someone in the government to enforce the police authorities signatures get registered in chancillary. It is not possible I am the only one in this country needing it.

Jess

andrea9k

Apr 17, 2004
Eddy said:
Ask the people at the Cancilleria what officer IS on the list and STILL in the service then get HIM to sign the paper. I'm sure that Leonel must have kept some of those guys... Just a thought.

Hi Eddy

The database in Cancilleria doesnt show who is still in service yet, unless police declares who are the new authorities. Seems they update the database by receiving communications from every state secretary and governmental institution which is not being enforced...

Thanks anyway :)

Jess

andrea9k

Apr 17, 2004
MrMike said:
Yeah you will keep getting the runaround until somebody gets a payoff. It is impossible to be a government official or employee in the DR without being dirty, so go and ask them who's "hand you need to wet" to get your stuff done. My guess would be the girl legalizing it. If you were anything but @ss-kissing when you talked to her the first time, send someone else the second time, since if she has developed an attitude towards you it will cost you extra.

Hi Mike

Going through this is a real nightmare. I would pay whatever they want if they ask for it. Problem is nobody is asking for money and I dont feel like I am the one who is going to offer... what if they say you are trying to bribe us... Papers are already signed by police authority (took almost 1 week), but for chancillery that signature has no value until that colonel get his signature into their registry.

Besides, this paperwork is very long and papers have to get back to dominican chancillery after being signed and sealed in Peru, I dont want to take the risk of bribing someone here and get in trouble when it come back.

Jess

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
andrea9k said:
Hi Eddy

The database in Cancilleria doesnt show who is still in service yet, unless police declares who are the new authorities. Seems they update the database by receiving communications from every state secretary and governmental institution which is not being enforced...

Thanks anyway :)

Jess

OK.
Maybe, CCCCCCCCCCCCCCC or someone from DR1 can be of assistance.
Good Luck