School in DR.QUESTION!

britishgirl

Aug 28, 2004
I was wondering if anybody could be tell me how old you have to be to finish school in the DR. Would the same age apply in an international school in the DR? I am asking out of curiosity but as my dad is interested in moving to the DR, I was just wondering. You gotta be in yr 11 here in UK, AGE 16, but if you want you can stay until you are 18 n then go to uni or sumthin. I was jus wonderin if any1 cud answer my question.Thanks.

Naomi x :)

gatoazul

Aug 24, 2004
Hi Naomi

britishgirl said:
I was wondering if anybody could be tell me how old you have to be to finish school in the DR. Would the same age apply in an international school in the DR? I am asking out of curiosity but as my dad is interested in moving to the DR, I was just wondering. You gotta be in yr 11 here in UK, AGE 16, but if you want you can stay until you are 18 n then go to uni or sumthin. I was jus wonderin if any1 cud answer my question.Thanks.

Naomi x :)

Hi Naomi. Usually, people finish school between ages 17 and 19. Then go directly to university or to work.

Bye

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Interesting question

In the DR anybody that can go to a university does go. So everyone want to fininsh the 12th year. Sixth Form in the old system.

At the International School you could finish 12th grade and then go to one of the better universities, if you know enough Spanish. Or you could try for a university in the US or England. However, the cost will be very high. Your best bet, if you are academically inclined is to do the first degree here and then do graduate work either in England or the States...

HB

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Forgive me "reading between the lines" & maybe spotting something you DIDN'T mean to ask, but are you actually asking what is the earliest age you can leave school here? Because that is a whole different ballgame.........

britishgirl

Aug 28, 2004
Lambada said:
Forgive me "reading between the lines" & maybe spotting something you DIDN'T mean to ask, but are you actually asking what is the earliest age you can leave school here? Because that is a whole different ballgame.........

Well I am curious.