Thank you DR1!

DaveinNY

Jul 9, 2004
If it weren't for this board, I never would have known that JetBlue cancelled my flight from JFK to STI. They said they would have gotten around to telling me "probably sometime this week"

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
what you mentioned is not typical of Jetblue's customer service.

Anyhow, that was wrong of them not to inform you.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Out of curiousity, since I don't fly them from here - they don't have departure times and gates etc., viewable at their web site? Even if it is not cancelled it is good to check before you go if there is a delay. Not that it releives them of a duty of care to tell you with adequate time to prepare for the cancellation.

NB: If they don't and it is same day, the JFK web site might have the fact it is cancelled.

I guess the only thing worse than arriving at 2 in the a.m. is NOT arriving at 2 a.m. or at all.

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
ricktoronto said:
Out of curiousity, since I don't fly them from here - they don't have departure times and gates etc., viewable at their web site? Even if it is not cancelled it is good to check before you go if there is a delay. Not that it releives them of a duty of care to tell you with adequate time to prepare for the cancellation.

NB: If they don't and it is same day, the JFK web site might have the fact it is cancelled.

I guess the only thing worse than arriving at 2 in the a.m. is NOT arriving at 2 a.m. or at all.

indeed

they do have a state of the art website.

Some people don't like Jetblue for reasons that we have discussed. I am just happy with them, Delta, Continental and American because that means that they compete and all lower fares.

If you you are a FF user for AA you win.

What is upsetting is how some people like to bash certain airlines when it is obvious there is a conflict of interest.

As far as Jetblue not letting the OP know, they screwed up.

DaveinNY

Jul 9, 2004
Honestly what bothered me was their cavalier "we would have gotten around to it" attitude more than the flight being cancelled. Rather than apologize for theeir obvious mess up, they insisted on calling it a time change and became a little terse when I insisted on calling it what it was - a cancellation. I also got a nice little lecture on small company dynamics.

I understand mistakes happen and things go wrong. All I ask is that you work with me to make it right, not lectures, excuses and snippy hair splitting.