how much is el presidente now?

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Where? A colmado or mercado, bar, and the pequenita, pequena or grande? The prices are all over the place. For a normal bottle RD$80 sounds steep.

Lechero

Aug 11, 2004
You must have been picked on as a child!

Do you ever give a NON sarcastic answer?
I forgot, you are the expert on everything.

A Grande is still 45 RD in the colmado and a Pequena is 25 in most.
Now this price can double or triple in such fancy places as Jose O'Shays in Cabarete, which is really South Beach with better Windsurfing, and the cajones to charge 80 for a Pequena! You would think with the devaluation of the USD from 44 to 36 RD Pesos the prices just might start going down this year!

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Prices are much cheaper if you get out of the touristy areas. For example, I have paid as much as 100 pesos for a pequena in Sosua ( average is 60 or 70 in most places there though) but paid 70 pesos for a GRANDE in an affluent bar in Santiago where there are few tourists. A few months ago, I paid 45 pesos for a GRANDE in a bar in Jarabacoa.

Larry

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
it's also called Presidente not "El Presidente" ;)

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Really?

Lechero said:
Do you ever give a NON sarcastic answer?
I forgot, you are the expert on everything.

A Grande is still 45 RD in the colmado and a Pequena is 25 in most.
Now this price can double or triple in such fancy places as Jose O'Shays in Cabarete, which is really South Beach with better Windsurfing, and the cajones to charge 80 for a Pequena! You would think with the devaluation of the USD from 44 to 36 RD Pesos the prices just might start going down this year!

Let's see - I asked where he meant, said the prices vary by establishment and that 80 pesos sounds steep which it does in a world of 25-45 pesos as you point out - another reason aside from the hideous music and smoke to avoid the Cosmos Disco in Boca Chica.

So exactly what's your problem? Find something else to read.

Jon S.

Bronze
Jan 25, 2003
If it's still making people get sick, I ain't buyin' it, I don't care how cheap it is....que taca?o soy yo

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
hahaha

Lechero said:
Now that is a high class establishment!
Cosmos is well known as being a classy/upscale joint where you can pick up the best the DR has to offer. I myself was able to find my wife in that 4 star establishment. Cosmos ranks up there with Rancho Juvilee and lets not forget to mention all those 5 star hotels in the area!!

Gringo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Price of a cold Beer in the DR.

I was sitting at my favorite watering hole over the weekend and in front of me the sign read.....

Special

Large Beer 30 Pesos and a small beer 20 Pesos.

Yesterday