Jfelix

Re: Sosua beach vs Cabarete and Playa Grande Beach

#1 SOSUA

#2 Playa Grande

#3 Cabarete

P

Phyllis

Sosua beach has alot of people, action, vendors, excitement, waves are big and great! Cabarete beach is more quiet, less people, wind surfers capital, no vendors. Playa Grande, I've never been but heard it was the largest and most beautiful.

P

Pam

CABARETE IS #1 ON MY LIST!!!

My opinion I found Cabarete to be the best! I just loved the peace and not being bugged by beach vendors like Sosua. Sosua to me is not that nice. Its jammed packed with people vendors. But I half to say the snorkeling in Sosua is great. I've been to Playa Grande also. Its a nice beach and all but I prefer Cabarete with the big waves. Cabarete is the #8 best windsurfing beach in the world! If you've been you would know why! Try them all and you can choose! have fun!

G

GabyCruz

My Quisqueya beaches are all beautifull and each one of tem have it own uniqueness, one should not place one beach against oneother but should try them all to establish it differences.

for real Thank you. GabyCruz.

C

Cathy

The best beaches are in the Dominican Republic! Along the North Coast each beach has something special about it. Sosua beach is beautiful and you could easily spend your whole vacation there. It's good for kids and excellent for snorkeling. The coral reef breaks the waves, so the water is calmer (although you can surf on windy days). There's so much going on. Cabarete is a windsurfing beach, with great breezes and waves. Playa Grande is a natural beach, with less development around it, but the waves are extremely strong. My favourite beach is about a 20-minute drive east of Playa Grande. It used to be called La Entrada but now goes by the name of Bayoba (I think). It has a sand-bed river flowing into the ocean and is lined with miles of coconut trees. Very natural, and the tourists don't go there. If you go all the way to Las Terrenas, the beaches there are so beautiful it's like being at the end of the world. It's nice for a romantic vacation.