How many (which) days for the south?

mexx78

Jan 23, 2004
Hi there,

soon (NewYear) again Ill be in the DR for my second time. Again I will stay in Cabarete or Sosua. This time I would like to go via Caribe Tours (is there a better way) to the south to see Santo Domingo and Boca Chica.

How many and which weekdays would you recommend to see the most important sights, do some shopping and do some good partying? - dancing some Bachata and Salsa in Boca Chica and SD.
What would be on your list to see and which hotel could you recommend for this time (please not to expensive - a shower, a clean bed and some air conditioning is all I nee)? I thought on staying maybe one night in Boca Chica to experience the nightlife there and one in SD but Im open for all suggestions.

Does anybody know how the bus goes? Directly from Sosua to Boca Chica and how much it costs?

Thanks for all infos

Max

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Fly into POP and out of SDQ the next time and then you only have to do the bus one way which is more efficient. As long as you are not on a hellish charter flight this is easy to do with the scheduled carriers. The bus is about $5 or so.

The bus goes via Santiago to the capital, then you are done, and either use a gua-gua for the adventurous, to Boca Chica, or a taxi for the smart ones.

mexx78

Jan 23, 2004
Thanks guys

The bus is only 5$ for all the way??? Thats really cheap. Do you recommend a stay in Santiago or not - is it good for dancing?

At which weekdays at which place can I find the most Salseras? Do they dance any NewYorkStyle?

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
Do they dance any NewYorkStyle?[/QUOTE]

No NewYork Eddie Torres style in the DR, so try not to step on too many toes ;)