Woman?s Rights Convention of 2004

Toronto2inDR

Jun 10, 2004
www.legendhomesnorthcoast.com
This joke was originally about a woman from Jamaica but I adapted it to the D.R.

Thousands of women from all parts of the world attended the Woman?s Rights Convention of 2004. They enjoyed the positive and inspiring words of all the motivational speakers and as with every year, in closing a few women are invited to share their experiences from the previous years convention.

The first was a lady from the United States and she said, ?last years convention changed my life! I was so inspired by the speakers that when I got home I told my husband that I am no longer do the cooking for him.? The entire crowd gasped?No cooking?My Gosh. She went on, ?after the first day I saw no change, after the second day still nothing but after the third day, when I got home from work my husband had prepared a beautiful dinner?Rack of lamb! The crowed was astonished and cheered for the brave woman.

The second lady was from England. ?I was also inspired after last years convention. When I got home I told my husband that I wouldn?t do any more cooking or his dirty laundry.? The crowed was once again astonished?No cooking, no laundry! ?I told him that I?m not his slave and he?ll have to pick up and do it for himself. After the first day I saw nothing, after the second day I saw nothing but after the third day I noticed that he?d done his own laundry, the cloths all folded and put away and in the kitchen there was a spectacular dinner awaiting me.? At this point the crowd was on it?s feet, motivated and anxious to go back home and implement some changes or their own.

The third and final speaker was a lady from the Dominican Republic. ?Me too was it inspired by di espeakers from it last jears conbension. I wented to my home and tolded my esposo that I don do it no more washin, cookin or shoppin for groceries.? The crowd could hardly believe it. ?Hafter di first day I see it nada. Hafter di second day I see it still nada but hafter di third day, when it went down di swelling I could see it a little bit from my left eye.