Jet Blue: no more daytime flights to STI

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
Jet Blue will not operate day flights NYC STI this winter, airlines is actually disappointed with the new market, the load factor to SDQ is the lowest they could ever imagine!

Dominicana440

May 3, 2003
How do you know?

Hello Aviastar,

it would be very nice if you could wirte that you have credible source of information that jetblue is having low seat load and for that reason is only operating 'red eye' service. Or is it your opinion?

Thanks & Greetings Dominicana 440

Jimmydr

Bronze
Apr 17, 2003
www.insearchofchicas.org
Dominicana440 said:
Hello Aviastar,

it would be very nice if you could wirte that you have credible source of information that jetblue is having low seat load and for that reason is only operating 'red eye' service. Or is it your opinion?

Thanks & Greetings Dominicana 440

Since I own stock, I was able to talk with someone there in shareholder information and they said their daytime gate was taken away from them.

Merengue

Dec 10, 2003
It was a matter of time.

aviastar said:
Jet Blue will not operate day flights NYC STI this winter, airlines is actually disappointed with the new market, the load factor to SDQ is the lowest they could ever imagine!

It was expected because of the way they handle their operations. The Dominican Republic is a complex market. they have the equiptment but they do not have the knowledge about that market, it is intricate market.

NY1

Feb 26, 2002
Its not an intricate market if you provide a good price, on time departures, food onboard and make sure the luggage arrives with the flight, you will succeed in the market.

The time may have been an issue for some, but the STI slot that was taken had a good departure time. Therefore other factors were in place.

I too am also interested in a link to Aviastar's numbers or an article stating Jetblue's supposed dismal load factor numbers.

Merengue

Dec 10, 2003
NY1 said:
Its not an intricate market if you provide a good price, on time departures, food onboard and make sure the luggage arrives with the flight, you will succeed in the market.

The time may have been an issue for some, but the STI slot that was taken had a good departure time. Therefore other factors were in place.

I too am also interested in a link to Aviastar's numbers or an article stating Jetblue's supposed dismal load factor numbers.
------------------------------------------------------------
So...if it was that simple how come most of them fail.

By the way they also have a red eye to BQN-Aguadilla, PR from JFK the schedule is like this----WHY?.

JFK-BQN 12:45am - 4:30am
cooling off time 2.5 hours
BQN-JFK 7:00am - 9:45am

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
NY1:

Are those numbers kept as the top secret issue? everybody knows, airport people, passengers, etc.

Who would fly at 3 AM paying the same or more than the normal airline with comfortable schedule, food onboard, double mileage etc?

I used AA last month to travel to USA, the service was nice, staff was extremely nice, they served a lot of drinks, food was ok.

So in this case I don't see hundreds of passengers who desire to depart at 3 AM, Jet Blue doesn't have promotions here in Dom Rep at all, they don't have a city office, people have no idea about them.

So are there many passengers who die to fly with JB or do I miscalculate? :cross-eye

And remember their ambition when they entered to Dom Rep: "To conquer the sky", and where are they now? canclelling flights because of no demand, their movement here in Dominicana is opposite to their domestic grow in USA. Unfortunately as for now, Jet Blue failed with its first international destination.

leromero

Bronze
May 30, 2004
web.mac.com
Very True

Jimmydr said:
If Jet Blue goes out then American raises their fairs back to the $400 range again and thats BAD!

I would hate to see the price of the tickets rise again. I leave out of Atlanta and it sucks trying to get an affordable ticket. However, JB's schedule of departures and arrivals was nowhere near my needs. I thought it was interesting to see these early morning arrivals but I hated thinking about the lost time this caused.

NY1

Feb 26, 2002
Just curious, I just went into Jetblue's website, and looked on their press releases and found no news. I made a mock reservation for August 2005 from jfk-sti, and it allowed me to make the reservation for both the 6am and 9pm flights.

Odd, huh?

Jimmydr

Bronze
Apr 17, 2003
www.insearchofchicas.org
NY1 said:
Just curious, I just went into Jetblue's website, and looked on their press releases and found no news. I made a mock reservation for August 2005 from jfk-sti, and it allowed me to make the reservation for both the 6am and 9pm flights.

Odd, huh?

Maybe in the summer they have 2 flights a day again?

STIOP

Jun 11, 2004
Regarding JB in STI

Jet Blue DID NOT get their gate taken away from them.......

If u want proof, check the daily schedule from sti in the morning......
the only flight is the AA flight 833 wich has always been a regular here in STI.

Another thing is that JB is using their morning flight here in STI and there are rumors of a 3rd flight.........

AA is coming in with 5 JFK/STI/JFK flights and the Miami flight will be moved to the night so that everibody can make conections.........

The load factor for JB in the 1am flight in STI??????????
Today 16/10/04 flight 425/426 had 143 passengers coming in wich is around 95% of a full load..... 87 passengers going out wich is 58%... I don`t think that`s bad at all in the middle of OCTOBER..........

Please... we can`t be so pesimistic about the competition that is working out for all of us........ AA is thrilled cuz here in STI they are running really good and have a great load factor for most of their flights........

Christmas in STI will be busy... but to me it will be a great way to demostrate that everybody who wants to come to their country without paying a lot of money and enjoy great service.........

Latino2002

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Looks like B6 will have 2 daily flts on may jfk-sti

KSTI 03MAY-04MAY TUESDAY 1200N *ALT ET/AT 2
1 B6 723 Y K H Q B L V R JFKSTI 600A 935A 320 ***JET BLUE
2 AA 833 J4 D4 S4 Y4 W4 B4 H4 M4 JFKSTI 600A 932A AB6 BB0
N4 K4 L4 Q4 V4 G4
3 AA2051 J4 D4 S4 Y4 W4 B4 H4 M4 JFKSTI 1115A 250P AB6 LL0
N4 K4 L4 Q4 V4 G4
4 AA2295 J4 D4 S4 Y4 W4 B4 H4 M4 JFKSTI 1245P 423P AB6 LL0
N4 K4 L4 Q4 V4 G4