Lesbianism in DR, does it exist?

redberry

Jul 30, 2004
Hi everyone, I noticed that there was once a thread about lesbianism in DR a few months back, but it provided little information, so i thought I would try again. I am aware that lesbianism/bisexuality amongst women is taboo here. Unfortunately, homosexuality seems to be more accepted. I am sure that there have to be women out there, normal every day women, either Dominican or foreign, not necessarily prostitutes and adult entertainment workers, who like being with women. Can anyone tell me if that is so, and how to go abouit finding them? I am not looking for a threesome, or anything like that, but would like to know where and how to meet women who are bisexual/lesbian. Thanks!

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Why?

redberry said:
I am aware that lesbianism/bisexuality amongst women is taboo here. Unfortunately, homosexuality seems to be more accepted.

. Can anyone tell me if that is so, and how to go abouit finding them? I am not looking for a threesome, or anything like that, but would like to know where and how to meet women who are bisexual/lesbian. Thanks!

First off, homosexuality is gender neutral so you can't have homosexuality tolerated and lesbianism not accepted. If you mean male/male gay relationships that is not the same.

And for the second part , why? Are you a sociologist? Are you a woman or a man?

I know that there are lesbians because I know a few of them, but it is hard to follow why whatever gender you are you don't want a three way (I assume you are a guy then since you'd want to find a pair I suppose) but just want to "meet" them. To what end?

deelt

Bronze
Mar 23, 2004
Why do you need to know that information to answer that question?
You either know of clean and chill places to hang for lesbians or your don't. It's as simple as that.

It's incredible the level of comfort people have demanding information here...

Last time I checked the M.O.s regarding posting it wasn't necessary to reveal your sexual habits. Other than if it's volunteered ala CC.

Just shocked,
:tired:

ricktoronto said:
First off, homosexuality is gender neutral so you can't have homosexuality tolerated and lesbianism not accepted. If you mean male/male gay relationships that is not the same.

And for the second part , why? Are you a sociologist? Are you a woman or a man?

I know that there are lesbians because I know a few of them, but it is hard to follow why whatever gender you are you don't want a three way (I assume you are a guy then since you'd want to find a pair I suppose) but just want to "meet" them. To what end?

redberry

Jul 30, 2004
deelt said:
Why do you need to know that information to answer that question?
You either know of clean and chill places to hang for lesbians or your don't. It's as simple as that.

It's incredible the level of comfort people have demanding information here...

Last time I checked the M.O.s regarding posting it wasn't necessary to reveal your sexual habits. Other than if it's volunteered ala CC.

Just shocked,
:tired:

Thank you deelt for your response. I couldn't agree more. I thought this was a place to aquire information, so what does my gender or reasons for wanting this information matter? Maybe I am a sociologist, maybe I am doing research for a book, maybe I need the info for a friend or maybe I am just looking for some action myself. All I would like to know is where to meet women who like to sleep with women. I have a genuine interest in obtaining that information, and the reasons why should not matter. If anyone could provide that information I would appreciate it very much. Incidentally, I am a woman, and the reason why I mentioned threesomes is because I am not looking for couples who want to engage in one.

Ricktoronto, you mentioned that you know a few lesbians. Can you provide information on if they met here in DR and if so, where? Do they find it easy forging relationships here? Where do single lesbians/bisexuals hang out? Once again, any info from anyone would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Jimmydr

Bronze
Apr 17, 2003
www.insearchofchicas.org
redberry said:
Ricktoronto, you mentioned that you know a few lesbians. Can you provide information on if they met here in DR and if so, where? Do they find it easy forging relationships here? Where do single lesbians/bisexuals hang out? Once again, any info from anyone would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Its not a big place, they hang out where everyone else hangs out.

redberry

Jul 30, 2004
Anna Coniglio said:
Redberry not sure if you read the other thread on this subject but it might give you a better idea of who to contact and how things work in the DR

Click here for thread
Hi Anna Coniglio, Thank you for your suggestion. Yes I did read the previous thread, but i didn't find that it quite answered my question. For example, if a gay male were to ask me, where do I go to meet other gay males? My first thought would be the nightclub Aire. I have gone to a few hairdressers who are gay and I know that i can ask them also, where do gay males meet each other in this country? But with women its much more delicate. I don't know who is straight and who is not,so its unthinkable to go up to women in a club or elsewhere and ask if they like women unless you know for sure that they go that way. I don't know if that makes sense.....

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Did you read Jan's post in that thread she mentioned a club in Santo Domingo. It seems like you'd have a better change in the big city than in the smaller towns.

That's just my guess from years of being on this board.

I also wanted to add:

Whatever one is looking for it's the eye contact and body language that will attract what you want. No one wears a sign but I'm sure people can read who wants what especially if they are out looking for the same thing.

Last edited:

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
redberry said:

The reasons very much do matter. I know several girls like this and would not give out their information to someone where I had no idea who they were, and why they wanted to be in touch with lesbians. You could be some sort of freak, lesbian-hater, I am not saying you are but in a not so open community giving out such sensitive information has to come with an idea of the relative safety and suitability of doing so.

CanadianCutie22

Jun 1, 2002
Can't remember the name of the place..

But while in Puerto Plata I went to a club with a guy (can't remember the name of it but can see it clearly in my mind-it was one of those ones that serves as a strippers club after a certain time of night) anyways while walking in one of the dancers (female) grabbed MY bum.. now I don't know if she's really a lesbian or just goes which ever way the money is but a similar occurance happened in Sosua as well..again can't remember the actual bar it was at..

Hmm.. maybe it'd be a good idea to have a few less cervesa's so one can remember where it was she went! lol

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
I've met the Cutie,

Conchman said:
Maybe you have a nice 'bum?' If you send us a picture of it, we would be able to make a qualified opinion. ;)

But if I say any more Giselle will slap me up the side of my head!! (LOL)

Gregg