Local author....finally

RHM

Doctor of Diplomacy
Sep 23, 2002
www.thecandidacy.com
Thanks to Cleef for getting the word out a few weeks ago, but here's some more information regarding my first book, "The Xpatriot".

I have been writing "The Xpatriot" for the past year or so. If you live in the DR you will especially appreciate it. The story begins in Afghanistan but the majority of it takes place right here (Santo Domingo and Cabrera). A full description and more information can be seen on www.randallhmiller.com.

I thought through most of the story while hanging out in the Colonial Zone, Cabrera (North Coast) and of course at Playa Vista at Boca Chica last summer. It's a good story and an easy read. I specifically wrote it to be enjoyed beachside, poolside or on the plane.

If you want the first chapter just ask for it from my website and I'll email it to you in PDF format, no problem. I have been bombarded with interested DR1ers since Cleef posted. Thanks for the support. I appreciate it.

Best regards--Randy

PS: I have had some emails from fellow Santo Domingo residents. If you are in town and want a copy just email me directly. I'll send you a link to purchase a copy through PayPal without paying for shipping. Then I'll deliver it to you personally...on my pasola.

www.randallhmiller.com

Last edited:

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Great Promo!

That was a great Promo. It made me want to read the book but not quite enough to buy it. There was a grammatical error in the last sentance - it's "whom" he loves. I figured I would have to be going through the entire book with a red pencil but I am a nitpicking grammarian which is my cross to bear. BEST OF LUCK TO YOU and CONGRATULATIONS!

drtampa

Bronze
Oct 1, 2004
New Ulm, TX
Xpratriot

Read the first chapter and ordered the book from the website. I am looking forward to reading it during Christmas holiday in the D R.
I hope the writing style is close to that of Randy Wayne White, one of my favorite Florida authors. For the price of the book you cannot go wrong.

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
Where's my camera?

Scandall said:
Then I'll deliver it to you personally...on my pasola.
That humor, in and of itself, is worth the price of the book.

I've read it, and I give it two inversors up!

RHM

Doctor of Diplomacy
Sep 23, 2002
www.thecandidacy.com
JDJones said:
The first chapter certainly has me wanting to continue. I hope he can get me a copy soon!

JD

Thanks JD...you are not alone. Thankfully, since launching on the 15th, copies have been purchased by readers from Oklahoma, Massachusetts, Connecticut, New york, Maine, California, Kentucky, Canada(Nova Scotia) and the Dominican Republic. Enjoy it.

RHM

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
Scandall said:
Thanks JD...you are not alone. Thankfully, since launching on the 15th, copies have been purchased by readers from Oklahoma, Massachusetts, Connecticut, New york, Maine, California, Kentucky, Canada(Nova Scotia) and the Dominican Republic. Enjoy it.

RHM
Please email me your first chapter and tell me how much would shipping cost me to get a copy here in Alaska

RHM

Doctor of Diplomacy
Sep 23, 2002
www.thecandidacy.com
go to the site...

JDJones said:
Copies are already available? If so, send me the paypal link, and I'll fork over the dough!
Just let me know where to go to pick it up..

JD

I am trying not to wear out my welcome here with DR1. There is a fine line between Dominican related news (ie. a new book based here) and pimping on the board. Please email me directly with questions like that. Thanks for all of the DR1 support and encouragement. Much appreciated.

randymiller@verizon.net.do

RHM
www.randallhmiller.com

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
Anyone get their book???

I ordered mine and got my verification via email that it was paid for on 11/15. Still waiting!

RHM

Doctor of Diplomacy
Sep 23, 2002
www.thecandidacy.com
it's in the mail...really!

POP Bad Boy,

The books arrived today (finally) and yours will ship tomorrow. I don't have a good excuse so I won't waste your time with a bad one. The books had to ship from England through Belgium and Spain to Santo Domingo. Amazingly they spent less time in transit than they did in the SD depot...go figure. But that's not your concern...it's 100% my responsibility.

The books look great...it'll ship tomorrow and I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

PS: I don't have any orders shipping to PP. I assume it's going to a US address? Email me directly if I'm wrong. randallhmiller@gmail.com

Regards and thanks for your patience,

RHM

RHM

Doctor of Diplomacy
Sep 23, 2002
www.thecandidacy.com
and for Cleef...

and in my continuous effort to warm hearts all over the world...I would like to let Cleef and others know that I delivered several books in the past 24 hours on my pasola...next time I'll take a pic...

Randy
www.randallhmiller.com

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
Scandall said:
and in my continuous effort to warm hearts all over the world...I would like to let Cleef and others know that I delivered several books in the past 24 hours on my pasola...next time I'll take a pic...

Randy
www.randallhmiller.com

True, my buddy got one delivered today in Santo Domingo by Randall and I will be starting reading tomorrow.

RHM

Doctor of Diplomacy
Sep 23, 2002
www.thecandidacy.com
thanks JD

thanks...and you are correct...I didn't feel like boring the reader with both customs and immigration so I lumped them together....remember, I made the whole thing up :)

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
I started the book last night and continued early this morning. I want to thank you for naming your main charactor after me. I am truly honored.

There was a good reason not to name him Cleef but I won't share it on this forum.

Escott,
(Taking a Bow)