those that have flown jet blue to DR...

audboogie

Jul 4, 2004
they really don't offer direct tv when flying to the DR??? do they play a movie for you? so far i've been real pleased with jet blues service (besides the arrival/departure time), customer service, price, etc..but after i purchase my ticket i read online that the tv's don't work...probably bc they don't get signal or something....but for those that have flown JB what is there to watch?

Merengue

Dec 10, 2003
Call And Ask Them

CALL 1-800-JETBLUE AND ASK THEM. OR GO ON LINE AT WWW.JETBLUE.COM

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
audboogie said:
they really don't offer direct tv when flying to the DR??? do they play a movie for you? so far i've been real pleased with jet blues service (besides the arrival/departure time), customer service, price, etc..but after i purchase my ticket i read online that the tv's don't work...probably bc they don't get signal or something....but for those that have flown JB what is there to watch?

spiderman

Jun 17, 2002
audboogie said:

Direct TV works for about an hour then your on your own.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
I believe it is a problem beyond their control. They only have the rights to the signal on US territory. Once they leave US waters, they do not have the right to the signal.

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
Dolores said:
I believe it is a problem beyond their control. They only have the rights to the signal on US territory. Once they leave US waters, they do not have the right to the signal.

exactamente

it is illegal for them to transmit a signal outside of the US.

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
I have flown Jet Blue three times so far betwen JFK and STI. The Direct TV works, as mentioned, for an hour or so. However, they also offer movies (Fox movies, I think) which are free on flights to the Caribbean. So, IF you are awake, the movies are an option.

LP

xxeonzz

May 30, 2004
Depends...

audboogie said:

It all depends on the exact plane used for that flight. The older planes will only give you DirecTV for the first hour of the flight leaving the US and the last hour of the flight leaving DR. If you are lucky to get one of the new planes, the direcTV will work as mentioned BUT you will also have Movies to watch during the entire flight!

audboogie

Jul 4, 2004
ok cool...thanks for the replies. i now know i will have some form of entertainment for the 3 hr flight in the dark... !

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
La Profe_1 said:
I have flown Jet Blue three times so far betwen JFK and STI. The Direct TV works, as mentioned, for an hour or so. However, they also offer movies (Fox movies, I think) which are free on flights to the Caribbean. So, IF you are awake, the movies are an option.

LP
Whoever flys Jet Blue into Santiago is NUTS. Arrive at 1:45am, clear customs and get the hell out at 2:45 to 3am. Drive back to Sosua 4:15am. I just picked up 2 friends 2 days ago. Are you people NUTZ? I am still recovering from that trip! They can take a freakin cab back on Sunday!

Escott

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
JetBlue Service

The flight attendants on jetBlue do tend to go that "extra mile" for the passengers vs AA which will tell you to "shove it" if they are in one of their moods. I fly AA just about every month and have met some really nice FAs and some nasty ones. jetBlue however has been very nice the few times I did fly with them. I did not like jetBlues late departure times vs AA being ontime just about everytime. Then...AA on connecting flights will leave you laying over in Miami or San Juan while they sold your seat to a stand by while you are already on an in bound (connecting and confirmed) flight. Oh yeah, AA is good for that! Everyone has their good points and bad points.

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
I have to agree with Domincan Scotty about Jet Blue's service. On one flight, because weather was bad at JFK, they held a flight for me to make my connection.

AA simply does not work for me from the US. I either have to purchase two separate tickets and check bags twice, or fly into LGA and make the trek to JFK on the way to the DR. Returning, because of departure times from POP, I cannot make a connection at JFK the same day.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Escott said:
Whoever flys Jet Blue into Santiago is NUTS. Arrive at 1:45am, clear customs and get the hell out at 2:45 to 3am. Drive back to Sosua 4:15am. I just picked up 2 friends 2 days ago. Are you people NUTZ? I am still recovering from that trip! They can take a freakin cab back on Sunday!

Escott
People who live in santiago and fly jetblue are not nuts. They love the cheap rate and easy access to airport. Sosua folks should stick to POP airport.
I say, the hell with jetblue and AA, Fly "DELTA" all the way.
I will be in their beautiful 767 boeing on monday morning.
Long live delta airlines.
AZB :)

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
Delta serves Atlanta

AZB said:
People who live in santiago and fly jetblue are not nuts. They love the cheap rate and easy access to airport. Sosua folks should stick to POP airport.
I say, the hell with jetblue and AA, Fly "DELTA" all the way.
I will be in their beautiful 767 boeing on monday morning.
Long live delta airlines.
AZB :)

That's great AZB because you live near Atlanta. For the others that live in the NY and Miami area AA and jetblue are the airline of choice. Unless one doesn't mind connecting in Atlanta then AA or jetBlue serve JFK and STI/SDQ.

GRS

Jan 2, 2002
Delta doesn't fly to Atlanta from the DR. Just to JFK, even though that their hub is in Atlanta.

Latino2002

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
hey azb..are you leaving on the 1st dl flight???

...well even if dl will ops atl-sdq..what about those Dominican who live in north carolina, south C, Alabama, agusta Ga ..Atlanta will be a great point of conection to.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Latino2002 said:
hey azb..are you leaving on the 1st dl flight???

...well even if dl will ops atl-sdq..what about those Dominican who live in north carolina, south C, Alabama, agusta Ga ..Atlanta will be a great point of conection to.
Yes latino, I will be in the 1st DL to jfk. I will look for you again when i will leave from there. You are in E terminal? morning or evening?
Anyway back to jetblue: I have heard nothing but good reviews from passangers who fly jetblue. They have good leather seats with LCD screen on the back for various cable channels/movies and modern well maintained aircrafts. The santiago folks don't complain of late jetblue flying hours. they simply go to a bar in monumento and then head over to airport at 11pm to check in for the outgoing flight to JFK.
Now when they are coming back, usually their friends drink and dance in a local dance club and then head over to airport to pickup their family/friends. No one complains of jetblue in Santiago.
What is better than Jetblue is "song", operated and owned by delta. I love their aircrafts.
AZB

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
I have flown Jet Blue to SDQ a few times and so has my buddy. The flight gets in so late that in most cases my only option for a cold presidente is Discoteca De Noche which is pretty scary! Last trip my buddy didn't even finish a beer, we headed out pretty quickly!

I do like the better service. I like the cheaper prices. I like direct TV even for only an hour. I love the free WIFI at JFK terminal, though they need to configure it a bit better. Their DHCP leases last too long and sometimes you can't grab an IP.

I like the fact that free flights rack up fairly quickly. I love the fact that making changes is 25 bucks as opposed to 100.

I also like that it does not cost almost as much or even more to buy a one way rather than round trip. Jet Blue gives me more flexibility in travel.

The downside is now that I am not renting in SDQ, I often need to pay an extra night in the hotel or just hang with a taxi driver and keep my bags in the trunk while I bar hop on the way to the airport.

Hmmm. . .maybe I can offset that by having a friend meet me at the airport and spending the first night in a cabana at san isisdro! LOL

Paulino

Jan 4, 2002
Cabanas at San Isidro - yes, I've seen them (how can you manage not to?) -but only from outside, from the road, mind you!! ;-))

Hawk7877

Oct 11, 2004
Where eactly are these Cabanas at San Isidro

Is San Isidro on the road from the airport to STI? Or is it SDO?

Hawk
Paulino said:
Cabanas at San Isidro - yes, I've seen them (how can you manage not to?) -but only from outside, from the road, mind you!! ;-))

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Hawk7877 said:
Is San Isidro on the road from the airport to STI? Or is it SDO?

Hawk

San Isidro is about 15 minutes away from Las Americas International Airport (AILA). San Isidro is the air force airport.