Sosua Jews

Philippa

Dec 2, 2004
Hi, I'm looking for information on the Sosua Jews...I would love to hear firsthand accounts...anyone a descendant of the original settlers?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
There is a museum in the Jewish Synagogue located to the left of the entrance to the Casa Marina Reef Hotel in Sosua. You will find tons of information and even videos of Jewish settlers.

Danny W

Bronze
Mar 1, 2003
There is also a synagogue next to the museum. You could probably make contact with some of the remaining few that way. - D

Jimmydr

Bronze
Apr 17, 2003
www.insearchofchicas.org
Philippa said:
Hi, I'm looking for information on the Sosua Jews...I would love to hear firsthand accounts...anyone a descendant of the original settlers?

There is a 90 year old Founder living near the Merangue bar and I met a student, he is third generation.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Your best bet is to come to Sosua and talk with them.

If you come, stay at the Tropix. The owner is a descendent and has a very interesting diary that her father recorded many of their experiences, etc.

Philippa

Dec 2, 2004
Thanx

Thanx for all your responses...I'm actually from Puerto Plata and know some of the descendants of the original settlers...I've been to the museum and the temple many times. I'm looking for contact information from anyone from the States really, and possibly in Dominican Republic...Thank you so much for all your help so far! :classic:

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Also do a search on the board. There has been a few interesting threads over the past few years, and if I remember correctly, one specific thread had some names and information about descendants.