Am I wasting my time?

A BROWN SMILE

Dec 25, 2004
I recently joined this site to get a better understanding of DR. I have traveled to South Korea, Okinawa, Mainland Japan, Canada, Denmark, Germany, France and Spain. I always wanted to go to two places, Brazil and the Dominican Republic. Being 29 years old, I am ready to settle and not really looking for sexual adventures. I can do that in the states for free and less distance right? Anyways, I always had a heart for Dominican women and was plan on coming there in Feb 2005. Though I will only be there for 1 week this time, I was planning on hopefully meeting a good Domincan woman and traveling there several more times next year to develop a good relationship.

However after reading all the negative articles in this forum, I am really confused. I'm no way naive to the ways of the world or the games played for money. Still reading all the negative stuff about DR and its women, I wonder if I am wasting my time by going to DR for romance and if there is any good to the DR other than paying for cheap sex (if a person considers that a good thing).

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
A BROWN SMILE said:
I recently joined this site to get a better understanding of DR. I have traveled to South Korea, Okinawa, Mainland Japan, Canada, Denmark, Germany, France and Spain. I always wanted to go to two places, Brazil and the Dominican Republic. Being 29 years old, I am ready to settle and not really looking for sexual adventures. I can do that in the states for free and less distance right? Anyways, I always had a heart for Dominican women and was plan on coming there in Feb 2005. Though I will only be there for 1 week this time, I was planning on hopefully meeting a good Domincan woman and traveling there several more times next year to develop a good relationship.

However after reading all the negative articles in this forum, I am really confused. I'm no way naive to the ways of the world or the games played for money. Still reading all the negative stuff about DR and its women, I wonder if I am wasting my time by going to DR for romance and if there is any good to the DR other than paying for cheap sex (if a person considers that a good thing).

If you are claiming to be P.I.M.P (can get any women in the us). Then why are you mentioning women and sex. Be real man. Go to new york or boston or miami and score with a dominican women.

A BROWN SMILE

Dec 25, 2004
stallion said:
If you are claiming to be P.I.M.P (can get any women in the us). Then why are you mentioning women and sex. Be real man. Go to new york or boston or miami and score with a dominican women.

Maybe you need to read alittle mor,e I never claim to be a pimp. I claimed to be a good man, looking for a good woman. Hmmm, go figure that. Anyways I travelt he world, cuz I was a solider, thanks!

A BROWN SMILE

Dec 25, 2004
stallion said:

You know as I read your comment again, I was reading trying to figure out where is your mind at, not trying to sound rude. But lets see, I mention sex and women in the same sentence, because as I read almost all the postings on these site, all they mention is sex, money and women in DR. So my question to intelligent and real people in the group was, is this really what DR is all about. IS there any real beauty to the country. Secondly, I am from Philly and currently live in South Florida. Thirdly, maybe my typing is really bad or I need glasses. But I dont see where, I ever mention pimping or being able to get any woman I want. Next time you reply, if you do, please read fully without assuming, there are no hidden messeages. Thanks!

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
A BROWN SMILE said:
You know as I read your comment again, I was reading trying to figure out where is your mind at, not trying to sound rude. But lets see, I mention sex and women in the same sentence, because as I read almost all the postings on these site, all they mention is sex, money and women in DR. So my question to intelligent and real people in the group was, is this really what DR is all about. IS there any real beauty to the country. Secondly, I am from Philly and currently live in South Florida. Thirdly, maybe my typing is really bad or I need glasses. But I dont see where, I ever mention pimping or being able to get any woman I want. Next time you reply, if you do, please read fully without assuming, there are no hidden messeages. Thanks!

No this isn't what the DR is all about. You seem to be stuck reading everything in the mars/nevus forum. We have many forums such as the travel forum and trip reports if you want to know what the beauty of the country is.

Please read the following

http://www.dr1.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9

http://www.dr1.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24

Thanks

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I'll make it short and sweet

Unless you are:
Bilingual
Really good dancer and outstandingly handsome
Have Dominican friends of a "certain" category
Know the "in" spots in Santo Domingo
Have a few months to become known
Lots of plastic power

FORGET IT

The women in the society pages do not go to the hotels or the beaches. The "nice" women are out of your reach unless you are living here or are a 15 goal polo player..

Get the picture?

HB :(

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
stallion said:
It takes a little more time and patience to get a good women in the DR. You have to go couple of times before you find the right women. Go there find a dominican guy to show you around. If you speak spanish is a bonus. If you are willing to make severel trips it should help. All the women there are not prostitutes. there are few good decent women. I mean is worth the try. If you have the time . patience and money then go for it. Is worth the effort. Maybe you will find a good women that you can spend good quality time with. So go for it man, I wish you good luck. I mean the country is beautifull and the women are good looking. So those are good factors

good luck once again

bcmike

Jan 29, 2004
A BROWN SMILE said:
Anyways, I always had a heart for Dominican women and was plan on coming there in Feb 2005. Though I will only be there for 1 week this time, I was planning on hopefully meeting a good Domincan woman and traveling there several more times next year to develop a good relationship.
I was going to comment, but I am just tired of this. :tired: bang bang bang.

Bartolomeo67

Mar 18, 2004
bcmike said:
I was going to comment, but I am just tired of this. :tired: bang bang bang.

OK, I'll have a go at it then!

Brown Smile:
if you don't speak real good spanish, stay at home and take classes first.
if you do, the odds are still against you, but your big advantage is that you are a 'youngster' of only 29 which is probably only half the age of all the negativists on this board and they envy you for it.
Here are some positive experiences of my recent trip to the DR to cheer you up:
* On a Sunday afternoon, I was relaxing on Sosua beach on my own, reading a book, when the waiter came to me and said that there was a girl, obviously dominican, who wanted to know if I was married or not. I was surprised, this isn't the way Sosua girls operate. I replied that I wasn't but didn't give it more attention since it would probably be a Sosua prostitute. The waiter came a second time because the girl wanted to know where I was from. Again I didn't give it more thought. An hour later, the waiter returned and said the girl was about to go home and wanted a picture with me. I said OK and had no idea what this girl would look like. He returned with a gorgeous looking light skinned dominicana that was there with a group of La Vega university students. We exchanged mail addresses and had a nice long conversation before she left.
* I went to Santiago and met a friend there. Then her sister showed up, wow, an absolutely drop dead gorgeous beauty. She had even participated in this year's carnival's beauty pageant. Well this beauty is about to graduate as an industrial engineer from UTESA, speaks perfect english AND has an American boyfriend in the U.S. who visits her regularly.

Off course the odds are against you, Brown Smile, but as you can see, anything can happen. Go there and see for yourselves, it's only a week in your lifetime. You probably won't find romance on your first visit, but you could find a nice lady worth coming back to.

Bartolomeo

Last edited:

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
A BROWN SMILE said:

What HB said, and...

Remember, 99% of people that post about their experiences with woman in the DR, post from the perspective of a single male hooker hunting tourist or dating girls from the lower end of the socio economic scale.

If I was you, I would try and develop a few online relationships before you get here. Try http://hi5.com/index.html is becoming popular here, also take a look at http://amigos.com

Yes, the DR has many stunning, well educated, employed and economical solvent woman. Your just not going to find them hanging out on the beach or in the bars and clubs in predominantly tourist or expat areas.

Stodgord

Bronze
Nov 19, 2004
Brown Smile,

If you are serious about finding a life long soulmate in the Dominican Republic, the best and shortest way to do so is by befriending respectable Dominicans in the US. They will recomend someone they know or help you find one. Just keep in mind not to be blinded by everything that looks good. If you are really serious I can be of help.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Not always what it seems...

I was introduced to a dominican girl by a neighbor. My neighbor went off on me once about going to the DR to find hookers and decided that my dominican girlfriend at the time was "mala', a bad person even though she never met her. I let her talk. Apparently my girlfriend did not come from a good family because noone in their right mind would let their daughter stay with a man overnight in a hotel, even though all we did was talk and hang out.

My ex-girlfriend's only crime was being born poor. She never lied to me about her living conditions or her past sexual history. Our relationship ended but we are still friends for the time being. She never struck me as being bad in any way or looking to hook a tourist to get her out of poverty. Whatever help I gave her was because I wanted to not because I was being suckered into anything.

So when we broke up I decided to meet my neighbors' sister. She was almost 30, hardly ever went out and was extrtemely distant. She was also a religious yahoo, going on about how God was going to punish us all when the day of reckoning came. But this qualified her as a good girl because she never had a boyfriend and never went out with anyone. I have to admit she was cute, but as far as personalities go we did not see eye to eye on anything.

These are two examples of how perception can lead you into blind alleys. My first friend was a university student but I later found out she went out with tourists for money. Did that make her a bad person? No it did not and we broke up because I realized there was no future for us, not because she was Satan reincarnated. Demonizing prostitution is a favorite pastime on this forum, and if you read enough threads they have no redeeeming value as friends, mates or potentail life partners. Meanwhile if you ask what will it take to hook up with a decent dominican girl, the first thing that comes up is "you have to have alot of money". But that is not prostitution-go figure. If I need alot of money to impress a "good" dominican girl, how is that NOT prostituion?

So Brownsmile my suggestion to you is go and walk off the beaten tourist path. This forum is a little too extreme sometimes and you have to soak up the atmosphere for yourself when you get down to the DR. Only your own experiences will dictate to you what is best. And believe it or not despite what others on this forum claim you can meet a nice girl who may or may not be an engineering student from a wealthy background who speaks perfect english and enters beauty contests.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Berzin said:
. Meanwhile if you ask what will it take to hook up with a decent dominican girl, the first thing that comes up is "you have to have alot of money". But that is not prostitution-go figure. If I need alot of money to impress a "good" dominican girl, how is that NOT prostituion?
Man o man, you folks still have no idea regarding meeting a decent dominican girl. What world do you all live in? Its alot simpler than you think.
To meet a decent dominican girl you must do what it takes to attract a decent dominican girl.
Her is tiny course in meeting a decent dominican girl. Pick up 101.
First of all, learn to dress well. No old spotty jeans, sneakers, bandanas or hawaiian shirts. No shorts and no pants with 100 pockets. Look around you and see how young dominican men are dressed in decent bars / restaurants and then copy them.
Learn to speak spanish and let yourself loose. Don't be a tight a$$ and laugh out loud and tell original jokes. You gringos are simply too serious when it comes to conversing with other folks. Be humorous and be yourself but original. No learned lines from movies ex: "hi, you come here often?"
Spend some money and be generous. Pay for her and her female friends. This is expected from men.
You need some money but not a whole lot. I am not rich, not even by dominican standard but I do ok with decent dominicans. So please folks, its so much easier to meet decent dominican women if you get your mind off the hookers.
AZB

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
You guys keep writing about good girls and working girls. Now what I want to know is what difference does it make to you guys if the end result is for you to get laid for the night and not have a relationship, get married and have kids. Get nice clothes, laugh, spend money, buy drinks, dinner ect ect. get a piece and then what? Does the fact that she didn't get paid straight up for the sex make her a nice girl? Is it the amount of men she's had after an expensive dinner vs. the amount that paid them for the evening make or break being decent?

Get it straight in your heads. what you call decent, nice, good girls are not interested in a fling with tourist. I'm not trying to put anyone down but it kills me to read how you guys talk about these women and think you got some decent ( whatever that means) to sleep with you after laughing and dinner.

Oh I thought of another one. Does having a SUV vs. being from a barrio make or break being decent? Tell me what you mean by DECENT.

Disclaimer:
This does not include anyone that's in a real relationship at the moment ;)

Last edited:

Bartolomeo67

Mar 18, 2004
Anna, relax and re-read the first post in this thread. This Brown Smile guy states that he wants to settle down, doesn't look for sexual adventures and wants to meet a nice dominicana and come back several times to get to know her. Sounds like a good New Year's resolution.
If it's about a one night stand, off course the nice clothes, buy drinks and dinner, spend money etc don't make sense and are a waste of time and money. On the other hand, an intelligent person looking for a holiday romance during his stay in the DR will soon be bored by a working girl who has nothing interesting to talk about.
Bartolomeo

hollywood north

Dec 11, 2002
www.cybersecretary.ca
Hmmmmm...I think that there are a lot of "nice" working girls all over the world. So what if they have had lots of action? It's more fun for you!!! Why judge women by numbers....who's judging the men that talk about all their "action"? Nice. Please. it's a state of mind, not how you earn your rent.

Good luck-I find searching for a specific brand never works.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
jruane44 said:
Learn Spanish and go to a local church for good girls.

Remember always there are only two types of women, sleazy barrio hookers and chaste churchgoing maidens. Nothing at all in between.

:rolleyes:

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
That's funny...

Chirimoya said:
Remember always there are only two types of women, sleazy barrio hookers and chaste churchgoing maidens. Nothing at all in between.

The church-going good girl I met on a trip a while back was sleeping with tourists for money far away from the prying eyes of her immediate family. With dominican girls, like every other type of girl, you get all types of contradictions neatly wrapped up in a desireable body and a pretty face. So Brownsmile needs to go to the DR, get played a few times to find out if he can stand the pain and nonsense of dating a dominican girl and after that he can decide if he wants to keep going back for more. I know I do.

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
Chirimoya said:

I gotta back this one up. My girfriend, besides being a woman with a degree from Santiago School of Technology in chemistry and a teacher also keeps her bible out on her bed. I am impressed by this! You just don't land here and stumble out of a taxi/gua gua/hotel(AI) shuttle van and fall into the arms of a good decent woman. Sure, anyone that lives here knows a working girl or two which doesn't make them evil or any less of a person. You just have to beware of these working girls that this is stictly a business and they are NOT interested in falling in love with you. The same thing goes to all of these gringas also landing at the airport and falling out of the taxi/gua gua/hotel (AI)shuttle vans and being romanced/seduced by those "eyelash batting" romeos. It's a business, it is a business!

Last edited: