Blogs, who wants one?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I'm thinking of offering blogs here on DR1.

I have the multi blog software, just not sure how many people would actually want one. It would be very similar to blogspot.com, but allow you to be a little more creative with the look and feel of your own personal blog.

Due to the nature of a blog, they will not need to be DR exclusive.

Let me know your thoughts and feedback.
If you want one, PM or email me.

Thanks!

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
Too bad Cleef is not still in the DR. I would have loved to have read his blog, with his unique insights into things Dominican...

Hey, HB, why not you? ;) You have a thousands stories to tell, lots of insights, and you write well... Call it the "View from the Holler", "Hovel Vision", "Crumbs from the Curmudgeon", or "Put This in Your Cee-gar and Smoke It!" :cheeky: :laugh: :cheeky: :laugh:

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Great idea, Robert. My life is not interesting enough to award a blog, but I'd love to see blogs from posters like Chirimoya, Simon&Nicky, Jan, HB, JaneJ, and Pib. All are fantastic writers and have great stories to tell.

Naufrago

Sep 1, 2004
Why not? It would increase the content of the site. And some of us who like to ramble on and go off the thread topic will have an outlet. Will my blog postings count towards raising my membership level? One day I aspire to turn Gold!

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
I think it would be good to try

There are some really good writers (and informers) here, a blog section could be great.

If it's possible to add pictures, I'd like to write about a few adventures I had there that would be more presentable with images.

Keith, I'm still very much there in spirit?and my waking dreams.

The "A Day in the Life" thread was intended to be just like a blog, but that life ended.

I'm reliving some now with "Feast of the Goat".

Outside the Jaragua: "Animated chaos, the profound need...to stupefy themselves into not thinkng and, perhaps, not even feeling. An explosion of savage life, immune to the tide of modernization. Something in Dominicans clings to this prerational, magical form: this appetitie for noise." ("For noise, not music").

MaineGirl

The Way Life Should Be...
Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
I'd sign up.

I have a blogspot site (www.mainegirl.blogspot.com). Sorry for the shameless self promotion. Anyway it is a great way to write, a lot....usually every month or so I do edits. I have about 6 blogs! But that is the only one I'll plug here.

Blogging is very popular and I think you should offer them, Rob!

Last edited:

Naufrago

Sep 1, 2004
That's great news, I could use another outlet, where I can rant in my mother tongue, feeling all bottled up. With this post (#100) I turn Silver right? :classic:

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
MaineGirl said:
I'm ready. And I have three people who would sign up, too.

Sorry, have had a few other issues to sort out this week. Promise to have something for you to play with in the next 2-3 days.

andrea9k

Apr 17, 2004
Naufrago said:
Why not? It would increase the content of the site. And some of us who like to ramble on and go off the thread topic will have an outlet. Will my blog postings count towards raising my membership level? One day I aspire to turn Gold!

How many posts do I need to turn silver??????

Will blogs be for paying members only?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
andrea9k said:
How many posts do I need to turn silver??????

Will blogs be for paying members only?

100 posts for silver, plus you can change your tag line if you want.

Blogs will be free.