Transportation from airports to hotel/city

mjkalau

Dec 28, 2003
I am back on the Boards after a long time away. Nice to be back. Looks like I have a lot to read.

The most urgent question I have concerns transportation from the Porta Plata airport to Cabarette. We are actually staying at the Resort Azzuro Cabarette. We were there last year during all it's construction and when their name was different. Anyway because of the construction we got a free week, but had to book our own airpfare. No problem there.

However the resort, or reservations of the company do not answere our emails, excpet to confirm our reservation. We have asked what is the best way to get to the resort from the airport, and what we should pay.

We know taxis will take you and it's not a long drive, but we also know that you can get taken for a ride, so to speak with the fare, so I thought I would get back on the Board and ask some of you experts for advise.

Any information would be appreciated. We are arriving next week, Jan 19th and leave. Jan. 26/05
Ciao for now.
Oma

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
mjkalau said:
I am back on the Boards after a long time away. Nice to be back. Looks like I have a lot to read.

The most urgent question I have concerns transportation from the Porta Plata airport to Cabarette. We are actually staying at the Resort Azzuro Cabarette. We were there last year during all it's construction and when their name was different. Anyway because of the construction we got a free week, but had to book our own airpfare. No problem there.

However the resort, or reservations of the company do not answere our emails, excpet to confirm our reservation. We have asked what is the best way to get to the resort from the airport, and what we should pay.

We know taxis will take you and it's not a long drive, but we also know that you can get taken for a ride, so to speak with the fare, so I thought I would get back on the Board and ask some of you experts for advise.

Any information would be appreciated. We are arriving next week, Jan 19th and leave. Jan. 26/05
Ciao for now.
Oma

Best way is to take a taxi. No, you will no be ripped off because they have the fares posted outside the airport and resorts. The going rate for Puerto Plata airport to Cabarette hotels is $20 usd. Check the big board outside the airport and reconfirm with driver. Good luck.

Last edited: