Cuidad Trujillo car plates

kent

Jan 5, 2005
I was given a (Cuidad trujillo car plate frame) years ago. Can anyone let me know more ? I have only seen one of these frames.
Kent

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Cool!!! That should be a nice collectible. The city was called that during Trujillo's dictatorship...Maybe Golo has a couple of them saved...

Sep 20, 2003
Speaking of "Cuidad Trujillo" , I have been tracking down items that are engraved/stamped with that.

I recently purchased a solid nickel belt circa 1940. It is stamped with several construction tools like a hammer,rulers,tape measure,etc. On top is stamped "MAESTRO CONSTRUCTOR DE OBRAS". On the bottom of the belt buckle is stamped "CIUDAD TRUJILLO REP. DOMINICANA".

Does DR traffic law allow the front bumber placement of old plates? In North Carolina have seen out of state or extremely old plates on the front bumbers of cars as a kind of "vanity plate". It would be interesting to see those plates on cars driving around SD.

kent

Jan 5, 2005
This plate frame has never been used, still has orginal paint. Lion on one side and Palm on the other, these were symbols of his party.
kent