How much for a cab in NY?

Jan

Bronze
Jan 3, 2002
Santo Domingo Este
www.colonialzone-dr.com
I been trying to find flights from DR to Pittsburgh and its almost impossible. Can get to JFK but can't get from there to Pittsburgh unless I go the round about ..a 8 hour flight when its only a 45 min. flight from JFK to PIT.

So I figure it may be best to take Jet Blue to JFK then take AmTrack Train to Pittsburgh. Never have been to NY so how much am I looking to pay for a cab from the airport to the train station? Its about a 35 min. drive according to the Directions AmTrack supplies from the airport to the train station.

I just want to make sure that I have enough money for this and it won't be too much in the long run.

Lechero

Aug 11, 2004
A Yellow taxi will cost you $45 plus Tip and tolls.

If you are on a serious budget and have light luggage you can take the "Airtrain" from JFK to Jamaica station connect to Long Island RailRoad to Penn Station (NYC) for about $10 total.

A.J.

Jan 2, 2002
you can also take the bus - If I remember correctly it is around 17 and they will drop you off at the station.

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
Jan said:
Thanks so much for the info. Really helps alot. I never rode a train or a subway and I haven't a clue. But at least I think I can handle my plans much easier.

Bless you all!
Go to this website if you're going to take the public route.
http://www.mta.nyc.ny.us/

You should just take a Yellow Cab and spend the $45, good luck