hotel reservation question

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
I am sure many of you have read my posts about my concerns about being bored at night in BC since they have "cleaned" things up.

I have friends with me for the first 4 nights....but then i am alone for the next 4. SOOOOO...i am thinking of spending half my time in BC...then perhaps spending the rest of my time in SD (taking the guagua to the beach in the morning and then skulking around the city at night).

My question is that i dont know what to do about my hotel reservation in BC. I dont really want to make up my mind until i am there...but i dont want to screw the owners of the hotel in BC either. We are definitely spending the weekend in BC...and since there is a group of us it wont be a big deal splitting a taxi into the city at night. SO....i am thinking of doing monday-thurs in the city....so i wouldnt be backing out on a weekend reservation.

the hotel in BC has not asked for my credit card for a deposit....and the owner is very cool. SHould i email him and tell him that i MIGHT want to spend some time in the capital?

Heh..i have gotten so neurotic about this trip.....i really cant wait to get away from NYC and RELAX!!!!!!

Also...i am looking for affordable recommendations in the capital...that are uh...guest friendly. I am not planning on anything....but if i DO meet someone... I would like to have that option open.

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
ok...that was a pretty dumb question i posted. I will contact my host and tell him that i will confirm for at least the 4 days...but i might decide to travel.

YOu can delete the thread anna unless someone has some good places to stay in SD.....but i think i know where i am going to stay there as well.

duhtree

Jun 2, 2003
Neurotic is not the word for it! More like anal. GEEZ!, guy. Just do something. Cut BC loose and move on to the north coast. ( Sosua, Cabarette, etc ) and have a " new experience "
In SD try the Hotel Wellington and in Sosua try the Hotel Europa for easy accomadations.
Relax, enjoy, and go already
Peace, John

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
Lechero said:
You are gonna get him all worked up by using the word "anal".

LOL!!!! it is just the new yorker woody allen thing coming out in me. I SWEAR TO GOD that when i get to the DR it totaly chill out!!! I called my job last year when i was down there.....and my boss had no idea who i was....my voice changed that much!!

anyhoo....i just contacted my hotel...changed my reservation...and booked a hotel in the cap for my last 3 nights. I would have love to have gone to the north....but i dont feel like doing a 4 hr bus ride. My next trip....i will go to sosua....so BEWARE!!! hahaha

arrg...just last minute jitters here.....i get so worked up..and try to make so many plans....then do nothing when i am there :)

did someone say anal?????