Quick trip

JANET/NJ

Jun 21, 2004
Hi everyone,

Problems with BancoPopular made me take an unexpected trip to DR last week. Long story short my mom needed access to money, she's not on the account and they refused to give her access unless i went in person to make the arrangements. The money was needed asap and so i bought a plane ticket on tuesday afternoon (2/8) and arrived in DR at 3pm on (2/9).

I must start by saying that i love Leonel.....no hassels at the airport(las america). I was received by the Brugal company with a nice iced drink. It had been 3 years since i had been down ( i know too long, but you know how time passes here in the states). I was delighted to see that things had gone back to normal with no one hustling you for money to bring down your luggage.

My family had been telling me how cool the weather was down there and how it was actually cold, but i just felt they were exagerating.
In a way they were, but for me, i loved the weather. For the first time i was able to sleep without a mosquito net, but something even more amazing happened.... two nights in a row i literally shut off the AC.

The only bad thing about the whole trip was that i got sick with the flu and was not able to go out to party or drink. I was restricted from drinking anything cold; In a quick moment where i was sane enough to think ( i was over dosed on home remedies and over the counter stuff) i sent my cousins son to get me a cold one and meet me behind the house......nice cold presidente on a sunny afternoon......you cannot beat that.

I will be going back soon, maybe in the summer.
For those who are going soon........how i envy you. I must also say that the capital looks really different but clean.

The countrys' economy is the worst but there must be 2 SUV's per every car, whats up with that? ;)